Do you still use DVDs?

I have 11 dvds and a player.

3 Likes

I stream everything online; sometimes buy some; other times Bittorrent.

3 Likes

No cloud streaming only.

2 Likes

I have a blue ray player. I think it plays DVDs also. Donā€™t really know.

2 Likes

Yes and I still buy them.

Iā€™m not familiar with the new technology.

4 Likes

DVDs are dead to me. Even 10 years ago they were showing their age.
Blu Rays are better but still a bit outdated. Think HD Blu Rays are where its at atm.

That said, you have to pay to get a digital blu ray player, so even though my PC can read Blu Rays, I never watch/buy them.

I stream everything. I think physical media is a mostly dead format personally. I dont know if I will continue buying my favorite artists CDā€™s anymore because I tend to just stream it anyway.

But if you get enjoyment out of it thatā€™s cool. I just wouldnā€™t invest too much into a DVD collection because the quality isnā€™t that good (IMO).

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure they canā€™t wait to get their hands on Blue Thunder the TV Series.

2 Likes

Youā€™d be surprised. Iā€™ve had to look for obscure television series. Remember that show where the dude got tomorrowā€™s newspaper? Early Edition?

If not, well you arenā€™t the only one. But we tracked it down. 80s series are in demand, too.

3 Likes

I buy used ones for like 2 bucks a piece at thrift stores, I have a collection of about 100 ā€” they come in handy when you need a simple distraction

3 Likes

Itā€™s on my media server!

3 Likes

Yeah. Heā€™s a poo poo head

2 Likes

I have about 30. I ripped them all to my media server and 480p looks bad but when itā€™s a 70s/80s TV show it does not really matter.

3 Likes

Nope. I havenā€™t watched a DVD in maybe 5 years. We do have some DVDā€™s / blueray discs just collecting dust. We have likeā€¦ maybe 15? We should probably get rid of them.

1 Like

I still watch DVDs. They tend to be cheaper buying the physical copy versus the digital copy.

I like to collect documentaries on DVD otherwise I stream new movies on Hulu or Vudu via my Roku.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.