Do you still like/enjoy sex?

• Yes.
  • No. It bothers me
  • No and it does not bother me

0 voters

I don’t really enjoy sex with other people. Never have, never will.
I don’t mind doing stuff to someone that they enjoy, it turns me on to see them enjoy it, but I don’t want them doing stuff to me, to be honest.

4 Likes

Is this only after psychosis or medication ?

I am disappointed that HELL YES wasn’t an option.

5 Likes

LOL @shutterbug Enjoy it while it lasts I guess :flushed:

1 Like

I don’t know. I’ve always had sz, but during my more psychotic / less in-touch-with-reality moments, I’ve seemed to enjoy sex more, or at least tried harder to do so.

After medication, I’ve gotten a bit better relationship with orgasms and stuff, but sex with other people will always be something I’ll feel like I can’t really do.

1 Like

For those who voted yes - do you mind mentioning your medication list?

I voted yes:
Clozipine
Depakote
Folic acid
Sena
Doc o lace
Omperzal
Both control

I think it has alot to do with the person ur with…I found a great guy and just a kiss sends chills all through me, the guy before that was awkward and uncomfortable… and the folic acid plus my birth control spikes my hormones…

1 Like

voted yes:
meds
injection of 15 or 20 mg of Abilify monthly
250 mg lamictal for the A part of the SZA (affective)
60 mg of Prozac
optional busperone I don’t take at like 50 mg

I agree.with the above poster, if you’re not attracted to or emotionally into that person, you’re not going to have a good time, no matter what.
When I was dating, I would sleep with this one guy who I had a tumultuous relationship with previously and the sex was horrible and I’d avoid it. Then, I slept with another guy the week after I quit with the first guy, and poof! libido back! I could finally climax again, it was like wow!

I also enjoy masturbation, but I do it only once or twice weekly, much less than I used to off meds.Then again, off meds, I’d become hypersexual and it would be like constant physical discomfort anyways, so I’m better off now being less sexual.

1 Like

I just don’t think it has much to do with the guy. I am just a pessimist. I just don’t think quitting a good relationship for another will change something for me. I do not feel much attraction (I do not remember the last time I liked someone as being attracted to someone). I liked just one guy for a while but he is too much of a strange bizarre and immature combination :frowning: and the guy I am with is genuinely awesome, just we are too different from each other so it is a compromise like most mature relationships. Other than dealing with mental illness. It is just a sad situation.

oh maybe you are asexual? There’s a whole community of people like that, who have no interest in sex.

1 Like

I’m a solo sexual

2 Likes

Definately slowing down now I’m 47. Still interested but not as compulsive as I once was. That is a bonus because I don’t mind just living without a relationship. Enjoy and intersted but able to control my needs and desires!

1 Like

I don’t have sex, I live at my parents house and don’t get out much. Well, maybe I’m a bit hard on myself. When I get on luvox no doubt I will not be as interested in sex, or have to accept the frustrating reality that I cant perform, even by myself as it is

1 Like

I don’t have anyone to have sex with. I was never good at making friends and once psychosis hit I had none at all. Never fully recovered from that. But now I see old people from high school and I don’t think I want to hang with them.

I saw 3 people the past few weeks, always at the store. 2 of them talked to me. One I think might be a psychopath but he seems really happy and successful.

Oh yeah we were talking about sex. Tl;dr I don’t have any sex to know if I still like it bit I’m sure I do as long as it’s not something crazy

1 Like

I think many of us have this issue. I wonder if we can convince the mental health system that “social reintegration” is a necessary part of treating psychosis. So far, it’s just dampen the voices, send you out into the world. We need to learn social skills, social networking skills, everything to do with how to interact/read/relate to people and there is no one doing that for us right now! What a waste.

I went through an outpatient program that did a lot of group therapy and navigating social scenarios and stuff, that worked great and I attribute my ability to blend in as normal to my constant study of normal people, made easy by the social workers treating us! It’s sad that nobody cares if we can get along in society…they really should also treat our social skills along with the voices and hallucinations!

1 Like

I voted yes. I take Geodon every day and gabapentin PRN. I have always had a problem with hypersexuality, and the gabapentin tends to magnify that. I don’t know if everyone gets hypersexual on gabapentin, or if it’s just me.

2 Likes

Well, I can’t still like/enjoy something I’ve never had. And yes it bothers me that I never had sex and I’m a 36 year old female. While I know there is nothing wrong with being a virgin, it bothers me because it reminds me no one wants me. It lets that nagging little voice in side my head rationalize the thoughts that I must be so ugly that I’ve never had sex before, and the one time I came close I think the guy was trying to take advantage of me…but I stopped it and nothing happened. I’m glad it didn’t happen with him either, he was a jerk. Still that was back when I was in my early twenties. Have yet to come anywhere close to that…:confused:

1 Like

That’s interesting that you went into those groups because I’m taking a communication class at college this fall. So maybe if that works we really should get some people to get some “social reintegration” program going.

I only know so much about social cues from what I learned as a child and what I looked up online. I know girls are smarter than guys (on average). And I’m almost 25 and I can see this my niece’s are already smarter than I am who are still in high school! I’m actually proud of them tbh but it’s always awkward when they start talking to me about boys. I don’t see them often because they live in Kentucky and I live in Michigan. But when they were here a few months ago I didn’t expect that level of trust and love because we don’t talk usually and that level of love and trust was new to me. So I was quite dumbfounded to say the least.

So yes I think the logical thing to do when someone has social issues is to get them the skills necessary to succeed in this field. (especially in my case where I have a day program where people are monitoring me)

1 Like

I practice on my own a lot, but I am getting older, and the med’s do take a lot out of me.

1 Like