Do you still like/enjoy sex?

I voted yes.
Abilify 15mg
Fluoxetine 40mg
Propranolol10mg/twice daily
Supplements

My sex drive has decreased because of the meds but I still enjoy it.

Something I’ve noticed in the past is that my sex drive is linked heavily to how I feel about myself. The worse I feel about myself, the less I am interested in sex. It may seem ego-centric but I think you have to have some confidence and a sense of self-worth to have a healthy sex life.

1 Like

Wish I were having it. I don’t have friends even irl let alone a lover.

1 Like

I wish there were something like just to meet and socialize. But I guess that doesn’t count as therapy so they can’t justify spending money and effort on it.

I don’t have the ability to start conversations with strangers in non-social situations. And heck I can’t even talk to women if they may possibly be throwing flirtation my way.

2 Likes

I honestly had no interest until I got into dating and being close to my current bf.
Beforehand, I was very much turned off by it just by the people I was dating…the idea of doing it with online friends didn’t bother me for some reason.
I’ve never had sex before though, preferably waiting to do so with the person whom I feel close with.

1 Like

Risperdal consta shots at 75mg did frigid on this female in 2 MONTHS. I never had anything wrong like that before. Never told about side effects of lactation or menstrual stoppage but males have worse to complain about with ED and gynocomastia…Some of the males said this kind of shot made it impossible to masturbate even after a while, could still get it working with partner but took lots longer.

I just ask to be left alone a while but many times don’t hear the voices if I’m around relationship…Voices keep talking over the family nags…

1 Like

I voted yes:
Thiothixene
Bupropion
Buspirone
Gabapentin
Testosterone

1 Like

rarely i want sex. rarely i masturbate.
sometimes I like it, it is such a relief from all tension.
lately i have dry orgasms & no semen because of the meds.

1 Like

Only when I am drunk. Other than that I don’t really get arroused ever. I masterbate but only to release stress. Completely lost interest in finding a girlfriend when I used to just only care about that. Thought it was me growing up at first until I just completely just stopped caring.

1 Like

I don’t really.
I was too shy before my dx to even sign up for a account on a dating site. I was too shy to talk to guys. I’ve come a long way. But sex really doesn’t give me any joy. Maybe when I find the right one.

2 Likes

sex? whats that?

1 Like

My motto is: if it happens it happens. If it never happens again it’s no big deal.

I don’t actively pursue it in the least.

But I think about sex. I have sexual fantasies all the time. When I’m at work vacuuming with no one around my mind will wander and I think, "Wow, what if the hot woman soldier I’m friendly with walked in and we started talking and one thing led to another… "When I’m walking down the street with some pretty girl walking ten feet ahead of me, I definitely check her out. I never stare enough so they catch me but a great ass, is a great ass and its almost impossible not to look. I’m 56; I think about the lowest age in a woman that I could get serious about without it being too weird is 45.

I am happy to say that there are plenty of mature women around my age who are still cute and sexy.

But I know I would be too good in the bedroom for them and they could never could keep up.
Wow, I’ve been lying a lot lately, lol.

4 Likes

I only have sex with myself anymore…Angie doesn’t want to have sex. we kiss and hold hands a lot though.

1 Like