Do you still have your pre sz friends?

I lost them all except one which I dont like much. I made new friends through that remaining friend but I prefer my other pre sz friends. Some of them are married and have kids, working with their university degree or studying. One is studying abroad etc

4 Likes

I feel that my new friends are dumber, probably bcz sz made me dumber.

No, most of my pre sz friends moved away which had nothing to do with sz though. I no longer have facebook so I don’t keep in contact with any of them. I really only have one friend that calls me once a week. And she wants me to be her boyfriend which I don’t really have any interest in doing, which she knows, so she will probably continue to just call me once a week and check in with stories from her life. I have family though, which is more than some people.

2 Likes

None of my friends really left me per se. I just kind of isolated myself off when I was psychotic and never really reached out again since being stable.

2 Likes

I insulted my best friend on fb while I was psychotic. I was friend with him since I was 10y.o. until 26y.o. He told me to get back on my meds so I raged at him.

1 Like

Got two. One I’m quote fond of and one were we politely keep in touch.

1 Like

I called that friend many times after we fought, he never answered me. I think he blocked me on fb as I cant see his profile in search or in my friends anymore

1 Like

That sucks Aziz. It’s difficult to try to repair a friendship if the other end completely blocks you out. It sucks to lose childhood friends.

1 Like

I feel like sz made my personality and intelligence worse

yea, I mean we stay in touch but we all live in different states now.

1 Like

All of my friends are pre-sz friends (except @zwolfgang and couple others). They are so supportive. Absolutely love and miss them. :heart:

2 Likes

No. I am not friends with them.

1 Like

Yes I had one good friend,
Unfortunately I let it go.
I hate my self for it.
I don’t know my definition of friend is so much in tangled,
I think I feel I am too special.
There is really something wrong with me.

1 Like

Yeah I do. Only one guy was briefly afraid of me but besides that my good friends stuck around

1 Like

The only friends I have are my pre sz friends. I find it so much harder to make friends now

1 Like

I still see and am in contact with my friends from before I got sick. I’ve only been sick for a year though so I suspect some may vanish over time. I was only actively psychotic while in hospital so they have not encountered me at my worst. I doubt I will ever be able to make new friends because I struggle to speak or say anything meaningful. So if I lose my old friends it will just be my family and partner (if he stays with me) left.

2 Likes

I lost a couple. I was able to meet some smart people after getting sz. I’m better at being sociable on latuda. I still have fun with a lot of people that think they’re not that smart also. Some of them disappeared on me and then showed up again.

1 Like

I lost friends through schizophrenia and living far away I miss my friends sometimes . I can count three internet friends but no local friends

1 Like

I had to lose my high school friends as they were all doing drugs

Then I made some new friends, and they ditched me when I got diagnosed

Since, there has been nothing for 8 years now, and that really sucks

That said, I do like the freedom I have

2 Likes

No. I lost contact with all of the people I called friends. Last week I attended my childhood friends brothers wedding and I met her. We spoke a little and she took my number. She hasn’t reached out though but she seemed nice at the wedding. I am always traveling and meeting new people so I’m not really good at keeping up with people. I have only one close friend now, I met him when I had my psychotic break and we’ve remained pretty close since then.

1 Like