Do you share details about your illness to your employer?

My company hires veterans and disabled people exclusively. They know my diagnosis but it rarely gets mentioned.

1 Like

Depending on what the job is u guys have to look at it from there view point would u want to hire someone who is normal and doesn’t have these problems or someone who is a huge risk with a mental disability?

It’s best to keep these things secret until u get hired and have been working there for a while so u don’t get discriminated.

I told that I have schizophrenia in one interview. It was okay for them, but they didn’t call me back for the internship (I was a bit nervous in the interview). If the interviewer asks me why I haven’t been working for so long time I tell the truth. No shame on it and no fear of not being called for the job.

1 Like

No they cant know :frowning: I got fired from UPS for schizo and couldnt take them to court

I recently got my license as an aircraft mechanic. I don’t think schizophrenic would be a strong selling point in an interview. But an experienced pilot looking for an entry level mechanics job is a dead give away to a serious medical condition.

I just tell people I have to take medication the FAA won’t approve if they ask why I am not flying anymore. Wouldn’t dare say for what.

1 Like