Do you live inside your mind?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I mean you live inside stories created by scz

Only live inside mind when psychotic otherwise not much immersed in my mind expecially since risperidone

2 Likes

My mind is always going, whether I like it or not. I need to try to focus on things outside and appreciate them more. There are nice things out there. A nice view and sunrise I saw this morning. Sometimes I’m living in my regrets though.

2 Likes

Ya, hence the name. But I’m learning to get out when it is safe.

1 Like

When I’m psychotic yea I’m listening to the voices and start believing them or wondering what will happen if I ignore them.

2 Likes

I try my best to not go down the rabbit hole, the more inside my head I get the worse my symptoms get

1 Like

Most of the time i live inside my mind. I don’t believe everything whats going on in there. In the past according to the voices i would be better of dead. These days they want to help me write a few songs. I don’t know. Maybe i should ask the i ching. The coin with 64 sides.

Immersed in my mind when I’m paranoid or in a PTSD flashback.

I did for a while.
There are still scenarios I made up at that time that still come back to haunt me sometimes but I try my best to cast them aside.
Gotta stay grounded. Never isolate yourself. Try not to let your imagination wander (it’s hard). Always temper your own convictions with external opinions belonging to sane people (doctors).

1 Like

Sometimes I live in side my head sometimes I with other people and looking inside their head. What makes people tick? It is hard only living with yourself and with your own mind. But making others your focus adds the spice of life to our meager meal we have to live with. So look at things , people, news, animals , veges and minerals. Find someone you can trust for a friend. Be a giver.

2 Likes

Nice inspiring words. Thanks!

1 Like

I am too in my head, to the point of my body getting chronic problems from neglect. Not good. I wish for mind / body balance! I have to spend at least 20% of my time in body, keeping it mobile, just to maintain it.

1 Like

That’s the worst thing you can do with schizophrenia. Get out, go to a bar with friends, go to a meetup, text somebody, anything is good. Reminds you that you are alive in a world with people who care about each other. Spend too much time alone and your worldview could shift and break you from reality.

2 Likes

I almost entirely live inside my mind which is dominated by uncomfortable emotions & re-played social interactions. My meds do a tiny bit but not much to help with this & help me connect to reality. My previous med was more effective but caused weight gain & fast progress towards diabetes & obesity so I changed to a med that is supposed to be less damaging to your metabolism.

3 Likes

Hi @Flutterby welcome to the forum. You’ll fit right in.

Thanks for the welcome @gobeyond, I’ve been looking for a forum where I feel at home as I feel that my schizophrenia is a big secret that none of my family, friends or colleagues know about so I never really get to talk about it with anyone.

Not anymore, fortunately. I used to; when I was ill, I lived in delusion. It was like I wasn’t a part of this world. I talked to my hallucinations for company. Now, at least, I watch TV when I get lonely… I suppose that’s better.

2 Likes

That must be so hard to do. But I don’t like talking about it much either. It has never been helpful except to pdoc/therapist. But I can talk to someone if I get overwhelmed.

1 Like

Yes, absorbed in my self. No time or mood for external things

1 Like

that’s great you get along with pdocs & therapists @gobeyond and find it helpful to talk to them. I get too frustrated with therapists but my pdoc is ok. One of my main symptoms is rage, it’s a real struggle to contain it. Do you have that too?

1 Like