Do you live in the US? Are you happy that you do/don't?

Do you live in the US, and are you happy about living or not living there?
This is just for fun. I’d like to see how the poll ends up looking. :slight_smile: Please do not discuss politics, or I will have to close the thread. :disappointed:

• I live in the US, and I am happy with that.
  • I live in the US, but I would like to live somewhere else.
  • I don’t live in the US, and I am happy with that.
  • I don’t live in the US, but I would like to live there.

0 voters

i am ok with living in the us but i wish i lived in a different part of it

3 Likes

I am happy that I live in this region of Asia. No earthquake and other natural disaster. Less terrorist attack and citizens are prohibited to have guns.
However, I hope to migrate to English-speaking Western country because I love the freedom there.

2 Likes

Beware. We are jerks.

4 Likes

not happy about being in the US… ill trade you @anon9798425 lol…

Thank you Arturo for your kind reminder. If I understand the meaning “jerks” correctly, I think everywhere is the same.

1 Like

Well we are not always nice people. We are rude and if I understand correctly, Asian countries highly value respect, which we do not do.

2 Likes

http://static.srcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/Captain-America-Glamour.jpg

I live in the USA. I would prefer to live in Ireland. If I have to stay in the USA, I’d rather live in Washington state instead of my current state.

1 Like

Westerners are more open-minded.

Mainly Japan and Korea, I think.

1 Like

This is one of my experience while travelling in Australia. I was staring somewhere while using escalator, a girl told the girl next to her “Don’t distract him” when I was almost noticing both of them coming from the other direction.
You know, Arturo, I truly appreciate their respect.

1 Like

I don’t think I’d want to live in the US unless I was healthy. It would be tempting though, although I’ve never visited. Back when I used to know a fair number of Americans they were all so friendly and positive it took a while to get used to it

1 Like

I will visit NY in september by train and stay there for a while. I am excited.
I did not like the food in US. the parts I visited.

People seemed very friendly. I ve been to Vermont / New hampshire / plattsburgh and some areas near.
I have no problem with American people and love the culture too.

1 Like

I live in Ireland. But the truth is, everywhere in the Western World is indoctrinated with American values which is great if you are individualistic and ambitious but perhaps not so great if you are traditional minded/family oriented.

2 Likes

I’m individualistic, ambitious, traditional minded and family oriented. :wink:

3 Likes

Nice :wink:

Living in the US is great, so long as you are not poor as ■■■■.

2 Likes

I guess I’m ok with living in 'murrica. There are a lot of things here I’m not ok with though. But that would get political and that’s a no-no.

1 Like

I love my country India and also I impressed by the policy of US, basically their capacity to earn money. I never change my country but will try for my children in US. I want to know @Zoom, country’s.

1 Like

I’m in Australia where I grew up but spent two years in the states in the noughties. Love the place and the people as I do over here. America was great if you had great health insurance which luckily I did so it was an overall pleasant experience.

Lot’s of differences. Wages, holidays, food…it really was like entering the twighlight zone when I first moved there…everything was just a little bit different…very surreal.

I’m happy here and was happy there so I’ll stay on the fence!

1 Like