Do you live in the US? Are you happy that you do/don't?

Technically Alaska is part of the U.S. but things are very different here than in the Lower 48. I can’t explain it all, but people here are more “rugged” and down to the land. If I could live anywhere else it would be Iceland, lived there for a while as a kid, heard it’s the most difficult language to learn in the world…

1 Like

I live in Malaysia. AKu.

1 Like

I’m happy with living in the U.S., but I would like to do some traveling. I would like to see more of the world. I spent two years in Germany in the army, and I was intoxicated with the beauty of that country. However, everybody knows that life is a lot easier in the U.S. There are more resources available to every person.

Living in the USA is wonderful as long as you are young, 20s to 40s, Rich and able bodied.
If you are older, poor or sick (disabled) you are basically forgotten.

1 Like

I’ve never lived anywhere else so I can’t really say I’d prefer to live anywhere else as I don’t know any different. US has its ups and downs. It’s ok I guess. I’m fairly comfortable here. The only other place I ever considered going to was Canada but I probably wouldn’t like how cold it gets.

1 Like

The us is so vast and varied i don’t think you can consider it like a European country. If anything each state is like its own country. So I’d change this question to be whether you like the state you’re in or even city/town. The us is a great place you just got to find the right part for you. I like Portugal cause of the weather and how far my savings/income goes, quality of life too. But I’m sure I could have all that in the us without the language barrier and maybe be happier for not having to learn a new language

1 Like

That’s a pretty strong generalization. I don’t really think you can say that anymore. It might have been true 50 years ago, but things have changed a lot. In my situation, I’m sure I would have it a lot easier than in the US in just about any Western European country. But I’m not hating on the US. I might consider living in the US sometime when I’m financially secure.

Canadian. Love the part of my country that is west of Manitoba. Not so enamored with Ontario and Quebec due to historical treatment of my province (I’m a Western Separatist). I would gladly trade our PM, Justin Trudumb, for The Donald.

3 Likes

I don’t live in the US and am quite happy not to. I’m content with living in South Africa :slight_smile: Cape Town is a great city

1 Like

During my 13 years in the USA I saw all kinds of people, CEOs of corporations, religious people, rich people in Beverly Hills, CA and poor people in northern Mississippi, people who had succeeded and those had not, the US has over 300 million people from different parts of the world, as Bill Clinton said, ‘America is the nation of immigrants’, I had good and bad experiences … what else? Once I was in one trade show and Bill Gates (the world’s richest man) had the keynote speech and then I met a very poor person in Key West, he had just his shorts on. Driving my auto at night in New York City was scary while driving my auto in New Orleans was quite peaceful. All kinds of people from different places doing different things.

3 Likes

Your PM is a total 10. Not that I’m saying anything about his politics, but DAYUM!

2 Likes

He’s a 7 at best. :pensive:

I will respectfully disagree. And so will these fine ladies.

1 Like
3 Likes

I hope this doesn’t stray too far into politics, but I’ve recently seen articles with Trudeau explaining quantum computing (a basic explanation) and then Trump’s comments on space: “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something – but it could be infinity, right?” DT.

Anyway, you can always pick comments from anyone that make them sound dumb, it just seems DT’s comments are particularly fertile ground in that respect. Trudeau sounded pretty coherent.

2 Likes

I like Trudeau from what I gathered.

Ahaha! Compared to The Donald, Justin T is a 100. It’s all relative. :smile:

3 Likes

Here in France we really don’t need to go USA because they come to us : my country is so americanized that it looses its own culture.

3 Likes

I’m happy living in the US, though I don’t know any different. I’ve never traveled outside the country.

1 Like

I’m happy living here in the States but everything here is geared towards spending and consumerism.

You really are better off if you have money.
It’s not a comfortable place for the poor and disabled.

2 Likes