Do you lay too much in bed?

Usually, when I´m not doing something (which happens most of the time) I pass my time laying in bed; watching videos, reading the internet, or even eating. I´m used to it, but I guess I really need to incorporate exercises into my routine.

1 Like

If I forget to, or just don’t take my caffeine pill, I spend a lot of time sleeping in bed. Caffeine is darn near a necessity for me to function to a great degree these days.

3 Likes

I do my best not to be sedate and get up and move around. I have osteoarthritis in my lower back and being sedate just makes it worse.

3 Likes

I´m sleeping 2 naps a day :frowning: I just feel tired after lunch and in the evening.

3 Likes

I lay in bed til around 2 pm then I go to the couch til 5 pm and 5 pm I go back to bed.

In bed I’m on my phone n drinking coffee and tea .

I lay or sit in bed under blankets because it’s warmer n more comfortable.

I exercise half a hour some days and a hour two days week.

Rest of the time I’m laying down or sitting.

1 Like

Not so much. My back hurts if I lay in bed too long.

2 Likes

there are many negative effects of laying in bed too much, physically and mentally…

1 Like

I pass my time in bed a lot too. Reading, watching YouTube, checking the internet…i normally cant nap on my Invega, Prozac, and Lamictal, but i can get lazy. When sitting up in a chair with ottoman gets to be a chore, i know i have issues! Lol

I do a mile workout four days a week or so, but other than that, im pretty sedentary.

2 Likes

Yeah laying in bed has to do with the lack of motivation. Hopefully new meds solve that. I feel like im just wasting my life away. But im too cognitively impaired and dont have energy.

2 Likes

I spend too much time laying down and sitting.

1 Like

Yeah I spend way too much time in bed, but these days I’ve been sitting at my desk more and more so that is an improvement. I give credit to the wellbutrin for that.

2 Likes

If you can post here you’ve got enough cognition to go for a walk.

You have enough energy to complain about things.

2 Likes

Lol yeah i do go for a half hour walk a day and i do go to work once or twice a week 6 hours a day. But my cognitive ability and motivation are no where to near to what it was pre schizophrenia. My memory is terrible, my ability to concentrate is terrible.

2 Likes

Yes I’m in bed too much but I am working on changing that.

1 Like

You’ll be amazed how much is still there. Don’t wait for a magic med to fix everything. Push yourself today and every day to move that dial. You may be very pleasantly surprised with the results.

1 Like

Could be a result of being on this forum. Pseudo schizophrenia and related disorders.com.

1 Like

I’m always in bed

1 Like

When I come home from work I want nothing but to spend time in my bed

1 Like

@Milly

What do you do for work?

1 Like

Currently i am in the process of trying to sort myself out to go back to work. I struggled on my first week.

1 Like