Do you feel that no one,

Will ever know who you are?

Peeps?

2 Likes

In the long run, does it really matter? :wolf::wolf::wolf:

1 Like

People can only know who you really are if you let them see you.

2 Likes

It does and ultimately it doesn’t.

Because I like to be open but i don’t think it’s a good idea for me.

To be open.

So I’m sort of half existing.

But maybe that’s okay :sunny:

Life is more challenging this way but pressure apparently creates diamonds

Idk I’m just trying to be positive

1 Like

That is all we can do, stay positive. :honeybee::honeybee::honeybee:

2 Likes

I keep a lot to myself. My innermost thoughts and fears, insecurities, I usually keep them locked away. But I know me, I know. And that’s okay that other’s don’t. I don’t feel the need to be heard and understood because I am that for myself. I am my own friend.

2 Likes

That’s wise, thankyou for sharing that Leafy :slight_smile:

1 Like

now I gotta go clean and cut up about a million strawberries so we can have shortcake tonight.

1 Like

I’m not very good at being my own friend. It gets lonely. And awkward. And starts to feel unreal.

Because there is just me.

1 Like

I notice this a lot in younger women. I think it’s a skill you gain as you get older. You just get nicer to yourself after all the years of people being mean. The last thing you need is to be mean to yourself.

2 Likes

Enjoy your short cakes home made are the best.

1 Like

And thanks for sharing that…,

1 Like

I’m not sure if it’s me being mean to myself, maybe partially,

Or just me not wanting to shut some of my deepest thoughts into my own brain, away from any human.

Sometimes I wonder how detrimental that could be,… Or not, hiding yourself away in yourself

1 Like

I go through phases of worrying about this.

1 Like

I wanted to be understood in my 20s to 40s
Today in my 50s I don’t have this need.

2 Likes

For me it is more about me wanting to express.

But I guess being known for who I am is part of that too.

1 Like

Sometimes it’s a good thing to not let anyone know who you are because people tend to turn that information against you and try to control you. I remember the author Foucault said something about this kind of power but I really can’t remember.

1 Like

Thanks for that. I am going to look that up a little further

1 Like

The other day I tried to tell myself everyone has problems not just you. To make me feel not alone. But do they really, I mean where is the proof

Michel Foucault (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)
"
The examination also situates individuals in a “field of documentation”. The results of exams are recorded in documents that provide detailed information about the individuals examined and allow power systems to control them (e.g., absentee records for schools, patients’ charts in hospitals). On the basis of these records, those in control can formulate categories, averages, and norms that are in turn a basis for knowledge. The examination turns the individual into a “case”—in both senses of the term: a scientific example and an object of care. Caring is always also an opportunity for control."

1 Like