Do You Feel Safe

I’m going to share a little in hopes to get a little. So many of you have conspiracy delusions. I suffer from severe ptsd. To be honest I feel safe with no human ever. I spent time with people like today, but my gut says I can’t count on them. I’m in intensive therapy, but realized it just makes me more aware that I have faith in absolutely nobody. I’m starting to feel ok with that. I was told by someone today that I seemed lonely. I’ve been pondering that for a bit, and realized how can you be “lonely (needing others”, when you have no foundation of stability and love in your life) I love mr free but I have learned not to need anything from anyone. I’m still capable of caring for others, I’m not detached. I just have no faith in anything except that I can have a better life. Hopefully, therapy helps where meds fall short, and actually exacerbate the problem. I’ll get back to this later. I’ve got some journaling to do.

4 Likes

Most of what you’ve written could have been about me. But to answer the question in your title “do you feel safe”. Yes currently I do. But this is in spite of people and not because of them.

1 Like

thanks @everhopeful I just really got disturbed by the lonely question. I’m doing another med change and feel quite frustrated, and my mind is feeling reflective. I am at peace with me, but others, well, I just might appear to need people with all my hugs etc. but the “raw” free wants to escape to a place where I can no longer be misperceived. I just don’t like to explain myself.

1 Like

Pushing through pain and uncomfortable feelings I know helps me that’s why I posted this @everhopeful

1 Like

On meds I feel safe, off meds not so much

4 Likes

@Mountainman I’ll be taking abilify until my dying day I’m sure :+1:

2 Likes

I feel safe these days. I used to have intense anxieties and fears and paranoias. But I’m doing ok lately on meds. I used to worry and life was chaos. Finally I feel whole. I’m actually able to read better than I could since 8th grade. Loved reading as a kid until I started slipping. Now I feel smart I can grasp it again.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing @Jonnybegood you are definitely growing as a person, it’s good to see. You are a supportive person here

1 Like

To share a little about myself, I also have pretty bad ptsd. To answer the title, yes I am lonely. But I’m lonely because I want to form bonds, but the ptsd says, “They’ll hurt you just like your abusers”, so most of the time I push people who actually care for me away. I feel lonely because I’m not sure if I’ll ever have a deep connection to someone that will last. I’m always waiting for the other shoe to drop. I feel lonely because most of the time I feel like no one understands.

I guess to summarize, I feel lonely because, no matter how hard I try to trust, it seems near impossible. And the fact I have to change that means I’ll have this loneliness until I do, no matter how many people I’m around.

3 Likes

Deep @dreamer I do trust animals. You just made me think something. I have chosen not to have kids. I wonder after your post. I know I could love them, but could I trust them? ■■■■…:confounded:. Guess a good thing I’m not

2 Likes

I hope we achieve a happier existence. You deserve to feel fulfilled in life @Dreamer

1 Like

When ever I trust people, they always ■■■■ on me. So, no, I don’t trust people anymore either.

1 Like

My feelings of safety come and go. At home I usually feel relatively safe. My parents don’t bother me and we get along great. However, when I go out I tend to feel unsafe. Call it paranoia or whatever. As far as your situation goes, it seems like you are discovering things about yourself, which I think is good. I don’t know what it’s like to have PTSD but I believe that as you work through it you will become a stronger you. Hope you see some improvement and feel some relief from all these things @anon98519533.

Never. Dirt in the wind.

I hope so too @anon98519533. You deserve to feel fulfilled as well.

1 Like

The only person I feel safe with is my partner. But most of the time I’m alone and i feel scared because of the anxiety, paranoia and hallucinations

@anon98519533, I am sorry about your PTSD. I hope your symptoms get better as you heal.

As for me, I feel safe in a spiritual sense. I find my safety in a higher power. I believe my life is happening on a planet that is meant to teach us and test us for whatever is next. I know I can’t prove this, but it brings me solace when things go wrong.

I have been diagnosed with PTSD but I have forgiven the jerks. As a result, I haven’t been symptomatic in years. From my PTSD experience, I have learned that people are not reliable because they are human, just like you and me. I’m not always reliable – no one is. However, I can always improve. I am a work in progress.

Over time, I have learned that I needed to set boundaries and carefully screen who I am around, because people do take advantage of me. (I’m not being paranoid – my trusted friends/family have confirmed, “Yes, DFT, you are being taken advantage of by this person.”) But humans are social animals. Yes, even we introverts and people with sz/sza need someone sometimes. Without human contact, I know I would be must worse off, even though lately I have enjoyed being alone.

1 Like

I never feel fully safe, but I’m in a period where I feel safer than normal. I only get triggered into paranoid states when I’m outside at night or when there’s too much commotion happening around me for me to be fully aware of what’s going on, like in a mall or something. when im just hiding out in my room with my family downstairs like I typically am however, I don’t feel nearly as paranoid anymore. feels pretty good these days

1 Like

Yes i feel kinda safe. I recently told someone my diagnosis and it went well. So maybe said in mind this guy is crazy but it was ok i mean it not considered me psycho, because i’m an ok person idk. I’m not afraid of people. I’m sorry you’re struggling with PTSD. I have a feeling i can trust some people, not all of them. Only my opinion. Sorry if it’s off topic i didnt read all the thread, only title hahaha I can’t focus much…

1 Like

Dude, you answered by sharing your experiences. That’s what I needed :hugs:

1 Like