Do you feel a sense of community here?

How would you define sociologically www.schizophrenia.com? Do you feel like “to belong” here? How do you describe social interactions and how important they are to you? Is this like “home” in the internet? Do you empathise with members? How does this site helps you?

3 Likes

This is my favorite community. It’s the only place where I feel like I fit in. I come here all the time, and when I don’t visit for a few hours, I miss everyone.

5 Likes

Yes - it’s a little home

I come here most days or every other or a week off here and there but it’s definitely more of a community feeling than most places - in the way i relate

I used to feel this way about a running forum at one point - but i’ve stopped running

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for your reply @ninjastar and @Thanna I feel the same about this virtual community.

1 Like

I feel like I found a place I finally fit in. Its a very nice community and I enjoy being here, it’s like a friendly village of understanding people and everyone is nice :slight_smile:

6 Likes

This is my favourite community, along with the mental health community on Twitter. The subreddits for schizophrenia and schizoaffective on reddit are good and useful, but have far less of a ‘community’ feeling to them. This however, can feel like a large family at times, which is a lovely feeling.

3 Likes

I like it here Im staying , its nice to have things to discuss and people to relate to.

4 Likes

Before finding this forum, I had never met anyone who had experienced the things I have experienced. There was no one to relate to and I kept my experiences secret. (Except to my therapist) Now I have this group and I do have a sense of belonging. I’m grateful for this forum.

4 Likes

kind of feel at home. I am still quite new so right now I do not yet feel I have arrived…people do not kow how to take me I believe…I am like the last slice of pizza, everybody wants it but everybody is afraid to take it…just kidding I dont kow

2 Likes

I like it here, mostly the free donuts, but the people are good to :smiley:

4 Likes

I like it here. It is nice to be able to read posts from people who have had similar battles and where it is OK to be MI because everyone else is too.

2 Likes

This is my favorite community too. I feel like I belong here and I am understood here. I feel like I fit right in. And when I’m gone for any length of time, I miss every one.

2 Likes