Do you drive?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I’m scared to drive (age 25). Not sure how it interacts with my difficulties with attention and memory.

I drive and I’m good.
Sometimes voices
say that I should crush
my car against an upcoming car

1 Like

I just got my license back recently, after two and a half years under medical suspension for seizuring. I honestly don’t know how people can get by without a car, it was hell

2 Likes

I learned to drive late also around age 22 I think. I was put on vyvanse and it helped my attention so I could focus and be confident and got rid of my anxiety.

once they took me off vyvanse I couldn’t focus anymore…I have never ever drove while drunk or intoxicated…but someone did and wrecked my car and didn’t have permission to borrow it either. I was about to leave when they took off with the car keys…but Im the one who got in trouble because the insurance went after my dad and he ended up giving the car away so that I couldnt drive.

I have always been a responsible careful driver, and I have never gotten a speeding ticket.

3 Likes

In my car waiting for my family right now.

Bored.

4 Likes

Yeah, my job is as a delivery driver.

5 Likes

My visual hallucinations are seamless, so I decided it was best not to drive.

3 Likes

I have memories of visual and auditory hallucinations while driving, I don’t think I’ll ever forget those experiences. But they never affected my ability to drive safely. Hearing voices was disturbing but analogous to hearing someone in the car talking or listening to the radio. My visual hallucinations always appeared as ghost like images that looked like they were made out of pure energy so I could always tell them apart from reality. In both cases they never effected my ability to drive. They don’t occur anymore since being on meds.

1 Like

That’s good yours don’t interfere. Driving makes life easier, from what I’ve heard. Delivery jobs look exciting. I’d be like Lara Croft adventuring through the city, dropping off packages, if I could do it. :smiley:

Unfortunately, I’d need someone with me to ask if they were seeing what I was seeing. I’ve pointed stuff out to friends when I was shopping, and they didn’t see what I was seeing. I see is motes of light and motes of darkness (and they aren’t blood pressure related), and a few other things that are obvious hallucinations, but they’re seamless most of the time. I don’t want to slam on the breaks in the middle of an intersection because I see someone-who-isn’t-there crossing the road. That would be bad. :open_mouth:

Sure does, I’ve been driving since I was 16, I’m 43 now. I would hate to lose that ability. I am so use to it.

Yeah, if you can’t tell the difference between what is real and what is a hallucination then driving would be dangerous. I think you’ve made the responsible decision. I could always tell the difference so I never had a problem. It didn’t happen often, but it did happen.

2 Likes

I used to drive but don’t drive anymore. My focus and concentration are too bad. I’m an accident waiting to happen.

2 Likes

I drive when I go outside but I rarely go outside my house :joy:

2 Likes

I have a difficult time with the blind spot. Sometimes I forget to look at it.

1 Like

I am going to learn to drive. I hate relying upon the bus, or mom.

I don’t drive as I no longer have a license or car.

1 Like

I don’t drive anymore as I struggle to keep focus and I don’t want to kill someone. However, I live in the city center and can do most things by foot.

2 Likes

I drove 35 years without an accident. Medicated .one fender bender - I ran a red light and the powers that be made me stop. Since then. I’ve lived in places I don’t need a car. I could still do it.

2 Likes

I drove about 50 miles today, its hard driving for long periods of time, luckily it was broken up. Next time i go to this place i think i’ll take the Train :slight_smile:

1 Like

I drive since I’m 16 but i can’t drive more than 300km in one go.

2 Likes

I started driving when I was 17. I got sick when I was 19 and didn’t have a car or drive for the four years. Got a car and started driving again when I was 23. I didn’t drive from 1990-95 because I was in a board & care that didn’t allow anyone to have a car. But I got a car in 1997 and I’ve been driving ever since. I’ve been in several accidents that weren’t my fault and one accident that was my fault.

1 Like