Do you care which diagnosis they give you?

Do you care about your mental illness diagnosis?

I mean some say I obsess over it but I feel that it’s important.

Although some diagnoses like bipolar disorder with psychotic features is hard to distinguish from schizoaffective disorder bipolar type.

Are you satisfied with your diagnosis that the doctor gave you?

Or maybe you don’t give a damn.

2 Likes

Oh, I just made a post about this! Apparently I spent a lot of time with a DX of BPD

1 Like

It was pretty easy for them to diagnose me with paranoid schizophrenia at the time. It’s a diagnosis that fits.

2 Likes

So you are not diagnosed with schizophrenia or schizoaffective? @anon2818416

1 Like

i don’t mind my dx so much…
first it was bipolar disorder then later autism, then after that it was sz with autism and then they said psychosis NOS and autism and then after that sz with autism again but they also said it could be sza bipolar type with autism.

2 Likes

yes my diagnosis is accurate schizoaffective bipolar type. i mean i don’t worry about my diagnosis, the biggest advantage of having the correct diagnosis, was so i could receive social security benefits. im not sure if i was diagnosed bipolar, i would be able to receive benefits, i would be struggling to survive, working and hating life without it.

3 Likes

I’m not sure any more, I’m going to bring it up with my pdoc in our next appointment. My understanding was that I was schizoaffective

1 Like

I use to not to care when I first started my psychiatric treatment It was like I was floating in the clouds. They would just talk to me and I couldn’t understand a single thing. Until lately they diagnosed schizo-affective and that just scares me.

3 Likes

My psychiatrists diagnosis of me is bipolar disorder.
Don’t know what to think.

It could be accurate.

2 Likes

But yes, my dx is very important to me. It’s the difference between getting the treatment and help you need, and not

1 Like

I hated when that happed even though the meds are still the same they just add on to your diagnosis.

2 Likes

You can still receive disability payments with a bipolar diagnosis.

2 Likes

I did not know was there some thing called as a diagnoses for me, I was going for a quick run to religious place and my doctor stopped me, in the initial days.

Then I was curious of this and did some search, and the result I got was , A disorder that affects a person’s ability to think, feel and behave clearly.

And I was like wow, what else I do, which is missing, because it covered every thing.

Then I decided that I will just stop all the research on my issue, my pdoc also said “less information, is worlds end” so I just stopped and if you ask me the diagnosis I would say 8 years back the doc just said schizophrenia after which never asked again the doc again.

2 Likes

o thats good to know. originally i thought i was bipolar, then voices started.

2 Likes

I care that its accurate, I don’t have a particular thing I’m hoping it turns out to be.

I have what I have. Its real, I have a mental illness. Some sort of schizophrenia type disorder. What its called only really matters in terms of accurate treatment.

3 Likes

Don’t feed mr @Wave 's paranoia about dx.
It is rubbish to think about it…
I think this covid situation pushed us beyond our limits to think straight,so we make up bullsh to think about.
I always called my self schizophrenic and that is true,regardles of f shites.

1 Like

I respect your honesty with me @anon22846033! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Just be carefull in your decisions towards meds.
Dont make wrong choices,and if you have a hint about dropping depakote symptoms,dont hesitate.
Im saying these cause I noticed four of my friends in disease lost their right mind.
Im selfish and need solid minded friend to turn to,buddy

2 Likes

I cant tell if i was delusional or not because i questioned the voices but i also believed them and that really bothers me because im not sure if a psychotic disorder matches with me.

1 Like

I think more testing is needed for mi dx. I think some of those internet tests with 100 questions are more accurate than doctors who perscribe meds.

3 Likes