Do u sometimes not want to be cured

i might just be thinking this because i am on meds and barely can hear my voices but i dont think i would like being normal again and not have to take meds because i would be paranoid 24/7 that it might come back and be as bad as it was off meds when it first began, also i feel this is the only thing making me different from other people because not too many people hear voices, even tho there is a lot of bad parts of having mental illness i don’t have it as bad as some other people so sorry if this sounds like i am trying to glamorize it but i think my life would be better on meds knowing that i am safe than off meds knowing that everything could become worse again, also sometimes my voices help me realize what is real and what isn’t i have this one voice that constantly tells me hey im not who you think i am even tho i sound just like them, even tho i know i wouldn’t need that voice to tell me what is and isnt real if i didn’t have voices it is nice to know that the voices dont completely hate me and want me to kill myself, they actually stopped me from a suicide attempt and even tho they are very judging and horrible at times on meds i feel like there is balance

I totally understand you. I don’t want to be completely cured either. I don’t want to be “normal”. Normal is boring. But then, I don’t want to go back to the way I was either. That was hell.

1 Like

I feel the same way too. It’s weird!

1 Like

I feel the same too. I don’t understand why though!

1 Like

I’ve never been “normal” so I have nothing to return to. If I was “cured”, I wouldn’t exist. If sz was a tumor, then it would be so intricately grown into me that it is a part of me and would be fatal to have it removed.

1 Like

I wish I had never found out I was sick I used to be happy

2 Likes