Do most people dislike schizophrenia in general?

I think they do

We should prove them wrong and reduce stigma

by living a happy or satisfactory life

2 Likes

No, they dont.

They just need to be informed and its hard for most of us to inform them when we paranoid they going to kill us.

We laugh everyday at work about who the next person is going to ward 16. Own it

1 Like

misinformed about sz is all over tv and media

so on that note, yes by some we are dangerious and horrible

I don’t blame them for this

since day one sz was demonized

1 Like

Ya but people will never be informed cause they got no reason to, unless its a family member. You just gotta find what works with people, and how far to push it. The crazy people dont have SZ :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Today I am thinking that schizophrenia is still bad but other people have problems too. I mean people on this forum seem fine, not necessarily the worst or most dysfunctional people ever, it could be worse. Ignorance is bliss in the grand scheme of things. No one’s life is perfect, we all have to settle at some point.

2 Likes

Before I got it had no idea what it was. Never gave it one thought.

I even took abnormal psychology in college. Must have skipped that day.

1 Like

Ppl dislike mental illness the most, more than AIDS. I think the stugma is as bad if not worse than illegal drugs.

1 Like

If you have mental illness nobody even says are you alright or helps you get treatment they just act like you dont exist.

2 Likes

I mean the USA is a neurotic and drug laden country.
Depression, drug use and Anxiety disorders are common here and becoming more and more accepted.

But when it comes to the psychotic disorders like schizophrenia, the majority of the population just doesn’t understand and there is a lot of fear and stigma associated with these disorders.

2 Likes

There’s also a whole lot of ignorance surrounding schizophrenia.

2 Likes

Well, one way to answer the question is: How did you feel and think about it yourself before you got it? Did you care about schizophrenics at all before you got it? Did you ever even think about it before you got it yourself?
Your answers are probably how most people think about it now.

2 Likes

I think people are generally scared more than disliking

1 Like

Honestly before sz I thought schizophrenics are crazy ppl put in mental hospital all their life.

3 Likes

I didn’t know a pill can fix us.

1 Like

I guess they may see us as violent criminals with no money or something. Stigma ftw. However. they are some rare cases or basket cases like me who actually may be slighly more richer than them so.

People dislike people who are different or difficult
Wether mental illness addiction physical illness physical deformity class status level of physical attractiveness economic status

People simply don’t like others who aren’t like them and what they know as normal or acceptable

They’ll take someone who doesn’t have any mental issues and STILL find a reason to dislike that person because of something different about that person

2 Likes

This is futile.

Better to focus on this part.

1 Like

Here in Iran most of the people have no Idea about Schizophrenia. But people who know exactly what it is will judge you as crazy. Some people are interested and think of it as a interesting disease.
Even some psychiatrists judge their patients as crazy. Avoid these psychiatrists.

People just don’t care about the seriously mentally ill. You get some sympathy for depression and anxiety though.

2 Likes