Do certain things like soul suckers scare you?

Scary stuff like soul suckers in movies scare the ■■■■ out of me! I just saw soul suckers in Shang Chi movie. There is also soul suckers in the newest Mortal Combat movie. I know they’re not real but when I watch them sucking souls and then dropping the dead body it scares the ■■■■ out of me.

1 Like

I remember that movie, it came out when I was in like sixth grade. I thought it was scary too, but since then I’ve come to believe that nobody can take your soul from you.

Freddy Krueger takes the souls of children in the Nightmare on Elm Street movies too I believe.

EDIT: Sorry thought you meant the first Mortal Kombat movie. Yeah Shang Chi had some of that too, that story mechanic has always bothered me.

1 Like

I should stay away from scary stuff but problem is lots of movies have scary and violent stuff in them.

They don’t bother me in the least. I can yawn my way through most horror and monster movies. It’s the crime shows where kids are being hurt… I have to leave the room as those hit too close to home.

1 Like
1 Like

I’ve never really understand why kids are a special case… it’s just a younger, shorter human. They are still the same people when they hit adult age and still hold the same value if you ask me. I’m not trying to argue or anything just mentioning it since it’s generally the case that people prioritize children.

What bothers me is crime shows that sympathize too much with the killer. This happens a lot if the person killed someone when they were in their teens, like we should forgive them entirely because they’re under 18.

1 Like

People who were abused as kids generally don’t like seeing kids getting abused either fictionally or in real life (except for the ones who were badly broken as kids, they seek it out).

1 Like

My stepdad threw me around and screamed in my face constantly growing up, yet when I was an adult and hung around him he refused to watch any fiction with kids getting hurt. I wanted so badly to confront him on his hypocrisy, but you don’t confront that man unless you want him to explode.

None of that soul sucking type stuff bothers me. You’d hate Bleach, that’s all the Hollows do! But no, none of that violence and so on bothers me, in fact I’m very much the guy who actually CHEERS at particularly gruesome or flamboyant killings, and the higher the body count the better. Hilariously overdone explosions get brownie points too. Double taps get double points. Working out my psychopathic tendencies vicariously through film. Ooooooo yeah. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

It doesn’t bother me so much.

But there’s all kinds of things in horror that I don’t watch.

It’s just not entertaining

1 Like

I’m scared of ouija boards. Do not bring one of those in my place please.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.