Disability or Working

I’m on SSI and because I live with my parents it’s less so it’s about $600 a month. I was so grateful for it they gave it to me the first time me and my dad asked for it and for about a year it paid for my family’s food I don’t know how we would have eaten without it cuz my dad was struggling financially at the time. If I could if I would have gotten a job instead to help my dad but at the time I was just too sick to function. Since i first got diagnosed and on SSI I’ve been going back to college and volunteering part time and I worked part time at my dads office for a while. I’ve let them know everything I’ve been doing and the progress I’ve made since then but they still give it to me. I’m really excited cuz If everything goes according to plan I’ll be starting a full time job and graduating in about six months or so. I can’t wait to have that job and be off disability. It can be up to 65 hours a week during busy season but I think I can do it

3 Likes

I want to get on disability. I’ve been off it for 7 years but my condition recently got worse and I don’t feel I can take care of myself adequately.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.