Did your parents put strange ideas in your head and make you fearful?

Did your parents put strange ideas in your head and make you fearful?

My parents put all kinds of strange stuff in my head, never could get a straight answer from them on anything, they would always tell you what they wanted you to believe not the truth, then if I told a lie I would get punished, yet that’s all they did

2 Likes

My mom is the master of mind â– â– â– â– â– .

1 Like

Not really, I think they could have been a lot less judgemental, but I guess they didn’t know that.

Most of the strange ideas in my head came from me.

1 Like

My mom was interested in deliverance ministry in her Pentecostal church, and she spoke a lot about demons. One day not so long after my breakdown, I overheard her saying to her friend “the look in her eyes is not of God” From that day I was scared the demons were accessing my mind. To this day I am too afraid to voice the evil thoughts Alien puts into my head, because I don’t want the devils accessing them and making use of them.

1 Like

My mom used to mess with my head, a lot… she’s gotten a lot better now, though.

When I was really little and my dad was around, he used to tell me that my mom had demons and we had to pray for her. So, I was convinced the voices in my head were demons and I was possessed, too.
I still worry about it, to this day.

1 Like

my grandma used to tell me to turn off all electronics in the house, whenever she heard lightning; least I’d get electrocuted. I used to believe that until I got my first wireless device.

my mom told me not to trust the police, and that the cops would kill me if I was on the streets; and I don’t believe that too much because I’ve met some friendly police officers just doing their job, when I ran away from home.

Also my mom and aunts believe in haunted spirits…

No, my problem is that they did the exact opposite of that.
So that’s why I was in the wrong place at the wrong time and I got car-jacked.

1 Like

It didn’t really have much to do with the church we went to, I think, but I think there was an unwritten rule that mistakes weren’t allowed. That hurt big time!

1 Like

I am hyper atm from sugar! Bought a tub of ice cream because another thread made me do it. 1/4 tub left.

I’m sure you didn’t make any mistakes, how did they hurt you?

1 Like

if you can’t finish the ice cream, send it to me. my home address is 010001 01010 0101010100 001010. I put it in binary for your convenience. everybody loves binary.

I think there were times when I’d even make small mistakes, and my Dad would threaten me and occasionally physically abuse me. Growing up, he had a really hot temper, and that was because of his own rough childhood. It wasn’t until during my 3rd hospitalization that I think he wanted to change. And that he did and once he did he went from being one of my biggest antagonists to one of my greatest advocates!

~Wow Mim that’s good that he changed for you. People with anger issues can find it really hard, I even knew someone who had a punchbag set up in the company server room at work (true story).

1 Like

that ice cream had pig fat in it