DiCaprio as new joker

What do you guys think? He’s my fave.

2 Likes

Yea he’s a good actor. I liked Inception, probably watched it 10 times lol

2 Likes

DiCaprio is a decent actor yeah.
Liked Shutter Island. The movie where he played a young cowboy and got shot was good too (forgot its name). Catch me if you can - good too.

Looking at his catalogue there are actually a lot I haven’t seen. My favorite is Inception or Basketball Diaries. With Shutter Island and Wolf of Wall Street close behind. I didn’t really care for Once Upon a Time in Hollywood or Revanant. Although I didn’t finish either cause I had to leave theater early because of symptoms. They probably had really good endings.

1 Like

I believe the movie you’re referring to is The Quick and the Dead. Great movie.

2 Likes

I’ve never seen that. Is it a western? I though he was talking about Django Unchained. Also an excellent movie.

1 Like

Yeah its a western. It has a stacked cast too. Sharon Stone, Russell Crowe, Gene Hackman, and a few other notable but less than blockbuster stars. It is one of ky favorite westerns from the modern era of westerns, although I guess it can’t be considered too modern anymore. :grimacing:

2 Likes

I’m gonna have to check that out. The preview was nice.

I like inception too. DiCaprio is a good actor

2 Likes

@GEDchill , @Squanchy - oh, Django Unchained was good too. But what I had in mind was indeed The Quick and the Dead.

1 Like

I think the better question is,

Do we want a new Joker movie?

I think it’s already a pretty saturated market with all the Joker movies.

4 Likes

Righta and I checked and he’s not doing any sort of project like that, and I’m agreeing with that choice. But hey I did get confused for a sec there! Hahaha

1 Like

I just seen something on FB that was pure speculation. They listed him as a potential Joker.

Not my Joker, I only recognize the 2 good ones Heath and Phoenix. Heath is my fav, just got my statue a few weeks ago, he died for that role. Phoenix is good too, I watch Joker a lot I’m surprised the DVD hasn’t melted yet, lol.

Are you too young to appreciate Jack Nicholson as The Joker? The Michael Keaton Batman movie was solid material!

2 Likes

Dicardio is to much of a good man to be seen as an evil figure

agreed @anon54386108 I am done…my favorite joker was Heath Ledger anyways…

1 Like

Not a Nicholson fan at all. But give props to Mark Hamill as animated Joker. But I do not like any of the older Batman stuff. Hell, Bale is a crap Batman. I’ll never see him as a different character as from American Psycho. I felt they were the same character.

I never bought into the whole Batman shtick…a light in the loafers billionaire savior…etc.

I’m more of a Spiderman fan. He’s a compelling, tragic superhero.

I don’t think inception was all that impressive a performance by him tbh.

I give him a good B+ for Shudder Island, but mostly just a good grade for picking writers.

1 Like