Demi Lavoto's NAMI Speach

1 Like

Does anybody here know the gist of the specifics regarding this mental health legislation she’s speaking about? I’ve been out of the loop the summer as I haven’t been as involved in clubhouse as I had been.

Anyone know anything?

It doesn’t look like there is a bill or legislation but that they are calling for the coming together of all parties to maybe create one that can help to give better treatment by everyone for everyone including those with concurrent or more then one health issue so that everyone is working together.

1 Like

Cant watch this on my work computer-will definitley catch this at home. I am all for a huge group coming together for help in getting something done ( actually, a lot of things done ) for anyone with mI. Wish this could happen before the elections. Right now in my state, the social workers are on strike for better pay and more help. If this is still going on next week while Im off work-I`ll join them.

1 Like

I have always known about Demi Lavoto’s on going struggle with bipolar disorder - I do think she has a good voice, but never followed her music. I really have a lot more respect and admiration for her now, she is really stepping out and advocating positive change for better mental health legislation. Bipolar disorder can be just as challenging to deal with, especially when psychosis is involved like my type of bipolar - the type 1 variety. When you also add mixed episodes to the picture and schizophrenic traits - my illness becomes a very challenging and disabling illness to live with - but I am managing as best as I can

3 Likes