Definition of voices?

I have been struggling in my past hearing my own thoughts without being able to control them.

But what do others mean when they hear voices? Does the voices have their own personality and a sound of a different being?

Or is it internal dialog that has gone on uncontrollable speaker like in my case?

I hallucinated voices of ppl I know and robots.

1 Like

Put simple its auditory hallucinations. So depends on the person. One could hear whispers of a bunch of voices to the point one cant tell what any voice or “auditory hallucination” is saying or what the noise exactly is. And then there’s personalities which I dealt with mainly. It could even be whispers, noises, and even actual voices of whatever ur mind thinks of all at the same time. It’s crazy stuff bro.

1 Like

I had both. I think I can understand that uncontrollable inner thoughts you are talking about.

But yes, also voices that sound like literally there’s a person speaking but in my head.
And in terms of personality yes they had a different personality to me, including a different sense of humour!

1 Like

My voices had personalities they were sadistic psychopaths the voices seemed to sound like someone was actually talking to me in real life or sounded like they were coming from a speaker or a walkie talkie.

2 Likes

My voices are mumbling, incoherent voices. It sounds like a radio or TV announcer talking in the foreground, with a crowd of people talking in the background.

1 Like

My voices were men and women… started off as narratives of my doings to giving me commands, then to degrading rants… sometimes they would all fight in my head some times screaming and shouting at each other…hella stressful

1 Like

my voices are in my head as well as out of my head… i heard them talking about me and directly to me and like giving comments on what was going on or what was going to happen and they also commanded me to do things.

2 Likes

If I get voices, I can tell they are not real and that they come from my mind, not from a physical location (from head or elsewhere). It’s usually like hearing someone talking in your mind.
The voices can have a gender (female, male, or “middle gender”) or no gender. They 99% of the time don’t sound like anyone I know. They can have a personality (occasionally they talk sadistic talk).

The thoughts my schizophrenia produces can talk to me in 2nd person, just like the voices.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.