Are your voices audible?

I ask because I have never hallucinated either visually or audibly, but I have ongoing conversations in my head.

2 Likes

my voices only comment but no conversation i make with voices.
i feel I have voices from different sources and all are interconnected, which seems to be like from one individual or organisation.
When I think there are no voices they appear

In my head, they converse with each other if I am not talking to them. They seem to show up when I am not doing anything.

1 Like

Thats needs to be informed to doc, by the way how long you have been dxd?

Yeah, he knows, I guess he wants me to go outpatient. We think it happens when I am alone as well. I was diagnosed in 2004. I was outpatient after the hospital, then I got a job, then couldn’t work. I don’t really see the point in going back since it didn’t really work.

Sorry to hear that, I try avoiding voices as much as I can. Best Is to stay busy with some thing. But not sure all are different.

Thanks for your consideration. When were you diagnosed? I try to keep busy but being alone seems to lead to the people in my head.

1 Like

2011 i was dxd,

Thanks for responding.

1 Like

All of my auditory hallucinations appear to come from outside my head - are external.

1 Like

Mine are internal , there are different characters/entities whatever you wanna call them.

Ive heard external ones but rarely.

But they are people talking? That has been my impression of what many people experience.

So they are kind of “thoughts”? That’s why I don’t call them voices.

My voices are audible and external. They are also not bothersome .

1 Like

Yeah, mine will keep talking all day. Pretty much all I do some days.

Aliens aren’t technically people.

1 Like

Well, thanks for the response.

No they just talk to me or command me they have different names. They will make up stuff or command me to do things.

Usually its either

1. Aliens
  2. Jesus or God or other religious figure
  3. Deceased relatives
  4. Deceased famous people like einstein
  5. A group of voices that call themselves “the collective”

Thats pretty common in normal people too so i wouldnt worry about that

I have both internal and external voices.

The internal voices make comments about what I’m watching on TV, like insulting the characters, or insulting strangers who I see when out and about. When I’m more sick, the internal voices start saying whatever, talking over a real person who is talking to me. Which makes it impossible to understand what the actual person in front of me is saying.

My external voices sound just like real people talking. Sometimes I hear strangers talking about me, from a little ways away. Sometimes I hear my husband yelling my name, when he isn’t. And sometimes I hear people talking in my ear as I’m trying to go to sleep.

I also hear cars honking at me over and over, but they aren’t. I hear my phone ringing non-stop for like 15 minutes, but I have no actual calls. And other sounds like that.

1 Like