Dear Cops: don't shoot the mentally ill

Yeah I think you have hit the nail on the head. There is a good chance a mentally ill person who has the cops called on them is so ill they can’t express it to the police.

I don’t know the ins and outs here in the U.S.

but my ears perk up when they kill a mentally deranged individual,

I wouldn’t say it happens often, but enough for me to notice.

I didn’t want to get hauled away, and I challenged the cops,
but they kept their cool, it looked good.

2 Likes

the person might not even know they are ill tbh thats the worst thing, your first break is usually the worst from personal experience :confused: but then you could be in denial about it as well.

1 Like

I met a doctor who worked in a prison. He said there are three types of people in prison: sad, mad or bad. Is disappointing the proportion of mentally ill people that end up in prison. Prisons are the new asylums.

1 Like

I never understood who makes that decision to go to psych ward,

or to rehab

or to prison.

So many drugs users on the psych ward, suicidal. Well yeah death sentence
going to prison.

1 Like

Not sure how it works here either. I was on the ward with this guy who had psychotic illness but had also spent a lot of time in prison for armed robberies. He was sent to a secure mental facility one time too.

He said he would take regular prison over the secure unit.

I don’t know - both sound pretty bad to me

2 Likes

I don’t really worry about cops anymore because I have no reason to, the worst they can do is write me a speeding ticket or something.

I used to have run ins with the cops, just gave them attitude and told them no and stuff. this led to “escalated charges” which would be dropped. I’ve been tased twice for being non compliant, they were afraid I would get violent I guess.

I think American cops are trigger happy, they shoot someone like everyday. more cops are being tried for their actions…I don’t give them the benefit of the doubt, if I were a juror in one of those trials I would convict them.

2 Likes

if you were ok before you went in, you probably get something in there, it would drive anyone crazy, take drugs to fade out like they do :confused: its a sad, sorry affair, makes me sick but most of them guys did something i guess, idk what but it wasnt for parking fine thats for sure haha

1 Like

Have you heard about synthetic marijuana (spice) in uk prisons. Is a big problem and lots of intimidation involved in its supply and sale within the inmates.

1 Like

i thought that stuff was just for smelling like incense but they smoke it and the chemical make them like walking dead :confused:

1 Like

Yeah saw on the bbc is a big problem amongst some homeless people. The dealers target folk who are homeless

1 Like

yeah its sad, i was thinking about joining a Christian charity that helps the homeless, my pal didnt understand but i tried to explain that they need more than just people trying to help them and money, clothes they need something that goes beyond the artificial, they need something more than humans can give them imo.

I think everyone deserves a roof over their head. I think the routes to homelessness and the reasons for staying homeless are very complex.

2 Likes

you’d be surprised, I went to homeless open mic,

and it was praising God. Huh?

2 Likes

If I was a millionaire I would try to set up a hostel where the guests could stay if they had dogs. A lot of places won’t let in dogs.

2 Likes

i listened to a couple of guys who were ex users and homeless, they were really cool, one of the guys had epilepsy and a wooden leg as well as mental illness and was trying to get off the methadone, he was really trying to get his ■■■■ together same as the other guy and it was helping them pick themselves up.

2 Likes

My mum and dad used to live in Somerset. In the centre of town were soup kitchens and places for homeless folk to rest and clean up. There was a young guy who apparently had constant voices. He was looked after by his fellow homeless friends. They were very protective of him.

1 Like

Some of us are.

Greyhound Canada’s ridership never recovered from the incident, they ended most of their Canadian service routes this summer.

it shows they have not lost their humanity, i guess i was kind of begging today in a way, i saw a couple of homeless guys and felt a connection, we both needed money for our cause, they were worse off though, i just wish they could pick themselves up and dust themselves off,

they end up on the street for whatever reason and must just fall into that behaviour as a way of life, idk why they are homeless but i think there is a home for them somewhere if they wanted it but the choose to rough it out :confused:

i think they need some divine intervention :slight_smile:

Sad thing is I think that during my worse psychotic episodes the cops just assume I’m on a lot of hard drugs, when really I’m just sober and having an episode.

3 Likes