Daughter Milestone

I mostly refilled stuff. Like eaaaarly starts before store opened in weekends or the evening shift. I always looked forward to eating 4 pizza pops and a chocolate milk for lunch :joy:

3 Likes

I was a Meter Reader for a week in my 20’s.

I quit. It was 40 below and I was trudging around people’s backyards in the snow with my scanner…dealing with dogs and freezing temperatures.

I cut across this woman’s lawn and she yelled out the door “YOU’RE STEPPING ON MY BEGONIAS!!”

I had had enough and resigned after that day.

3 Likes

At least you weren’t watering the flowers!

1 Like

My first job was a part-time translator. And then I got hired by a company to do proofreading for books (had really weird lines which I mentioned to my boss, that was fun times). After that, I quit because I wanted to focus on studying.

2 Likes

my first job was at 16 at a pizzeria

2 Likes

Worked a Sunday market stall from 14-18. Was pretty fun

2 Likes

Food server at a retirement home when I was 15.

1 Like

@eighteyedspy23

That sounds like a great first job for a 15 year old…very little stress I would imagine.

1 Like

I loved it @anon39054230 The people there were super cool. Some fond memories.

1 Like

Mostly. She still can’t bring up dirty dishes to the kitchen, change a cat tray without at least three reminders, or turn off a damn light (while telling me that my lifestyle is “unsustainable”).

1 Like

My first job was when I was 18 at a medical office

2 Likes

Congrats to your daughter!

My first job besides babysitting was when I was 17. I worked at a daycare centre. I swore after that I would never have kids lol! Well I ended up with 4 kids and they are awesome!!

1 Like

Carwash, around 22 years old.

1 Like

I7. Dishwasher. $2.65 an hour. I started off washing dishes and they liked my work so much they promoted me to cook.

1 Like

Cool, I tried to get that job when I was 19. I tested for it but just scored about average and didn’t get called for that job. But it was during the California fruit fly infestation and I got called to pick fruit off trees. By that time I was in a group home. I still remember standing outside the group home with helicopters flying low at night spraying the ground with malathion. I had just been sick about a month or two. It was a surreal sight. How did you like that job?

1 Like

I’m an Older Sibling, so my first paid job was babysitting, haha.

My first REAL job was a cashier at a health store. It sold all kinds of supplements and alternative treatments and teas.

I was let go after a huge mistake, but I would have fired me too.

my first job was a summer job at a daycare when I was 15 and my first “real” job was as a cleaner in my mothers company, although I only worked part-time.

Ah man… sorry you didn’t get the job :confused:

The job was pretty enjoyable, had to be to work at 5am, got off at 4pm… only worked Monday-Thursday. Made decent money for at the time. Wish I could still have that job but over here it’s only for 17 year olds-21 year olds

I did a lot of odd jobs starting at age 10. Delivering newspapers, shoveling sidewalks, piling firewood and picking dew worms in the middle of the night.

My first real job was in a metal shop, building furnaces. I started out running a machine making duct work, but worked my way up to welder which was twice the money.

Congratulations to your daughter on her first job!

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.