Covid 19 part 7

2 Likes
1 Like

I have had my two vaccine shots already. They are talking about third one. When it becomes available Iā€™ll take that too. I rarely wear a mask any longer, I wear it when I go to the hospital, but I do not wear a mask when I am at grocery stores, flea markets, libraries and so on. Should I wear more mask, although I feel safe already?

2 Likes

Thatā€™s our Chief Medical Officer of Health in the comic.

Wow thats badā€¦Im at high risk in WV according to https://www.microcovid.org/ covid risk calculator that is with wearing a cloth mask, having had second dose of Pfizer vaccine, and only spending 20 minutes at most around someone who may or may not have been vaccinated. It says Im at high riskā€¦especially like the 5 minute interaction with someone whose not wearing a mask and is unvaccinated/which I just had at the store. I think its safe to assume everyone who is not vaccinated carries covid because the vaccine protects against it right but then like my dad said somene at work said his son caught covid from someone at school and the entire fam. had breakthrough infections. but that it wasnt severe and he didnā€™t seem worried. thats where im confused.

so is the vaccine reducing transmission and mortality? and people are just not being careful/its more serious than people are willing to accept? how does a vaccine decrease mortality or fatality? and does it reduce the spreadā€¦is everyone basically walking around with loads of covid and depending on how much virus they carry depends on the other persons reaction?

You should wear a mask even if youā€™re vaccinated. You should also avoid people that arenā€™t wearing them ā€¦thats what I read on this exposure risk link. My fam. is still wearing masks but a lot of people arent. when I am around people sometimes I feel a slight fever or headache, and I think I might have been exposed so I isolate ā€¦I would recommend wearing a mask in grocery stores esp if others arent. I hate wearing them but if neither you or the person is wearing it/and one of them has not been vaccinated, i think that increases the riskā€¦

I have also been told that the mask protects others from you moreso than you from other people, so the people who havenā€™t been vaccinated should be the ones wearing them but they arentā€¦

1 Like

I pretty much assume that anyone I encounter in public spaces could have covid. I am vaccinated and I wear a high quality mask, either a KN95 or an N95, whenever I go indoors in public spaces where there are other people. I also use hand sanitizer a lot.

I never in a million years would have believed this is how we would have to live with it just being second nature to wear masks when out and about. I was going into the grocery store today and there was a woman with a young child. The child pulled his mask out of his pocket and put it on without his mom even having to remind him. I guess this is just the way life is now.

3 Likes
1 Like

On the ground reports coming in from doctors in my province. Care is unavailable when needed or being withdrawn in bad cases.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a very sobering post.

This is why public health policy such as covid vaccinations, masks, etc. must be mandated from the top and enforced in the work place and in the broader community. Public health policy is just that ā€“ it is meant to maximize the protection of the entire community.

I live in the province that is the Canadian equivalent of Texas, if that helps put things in perspective. We have pockets of unvaxxed in rural communities like LaCrete, AB, where the full vax rate hovers around 20%. They are the great unwashed and theyā€™re taking the province down with their ignorant arses.

1 Like

I live in California and our vaccination rates are quite good, especially in the area where I live. However, a lot of workplaces, including the company where I work, still have not mandated vaccines. I just donā€™t understand it. It is infuriating quite frankly.

Itā€™s touchy for my employer. We tend to have a lot of branches in rural areas with high antivax sentiment. OTOH, they have employees like me who put on the survey that I will tender my resignation if Iā€™m forced to work in a space with unvaxxed. They canā€™t afford to lose people with my years of commercial insurance experience. We are very very hard to replace.

1 Like