Cotards or solipsism

I’m either dead or the only person to actually exist… one of the two. I can’t make up my mind

2 Likes

I think we’re all dead, in hell, and the only escape is to prove your not an ass to go to Heaven

2 Likes

Could be could be

Life is interesting. Don’t sell yourself short. Bad times tend to move to good times and it’s a bumpy ride for sure but honestly. Life should be precious no matter what you do. Find those things that make you happy/content even if it’s people. Avoid those that drag you down and substances that do that too.

Give yourself a chance. We all deserve that especially for our harshest critics…ie ourselves!

2 Likes

Same here, so what I usually do is combine both beliefs. Clearly this is just toying with ideas, not being ‘crazy’.

1 Like

Who knows lol 15

I experience the same condition.
Who really knows?

1 Like

Still, it’s nice that we dead folks can communicate with each other and share our experiences. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

There’s new research done regarding Cotards that’s really interesting. They did imaging of a guy’s brain that has it and large parts of his brain are shut off. Like, the doctors reporting on it day they don’t know how he’s walking around and functioning because they’ve never seen anything like it. Super interesting.

3 Likes

@LED Sounds really interesting. Do you have a link?

I don’t. But googling it looks like maybe it’s been a few years since it was done? Found this, though. I only skimmed it, but it looks like it explains it.

2 Likes

We could very well be in hell.

2 Likes

It might be a delusion.

I’ll be honest though, before I had schizophrenia mental illness and such ranked up there as one of the worst things I could imagine happening to a person.

Now that I’m living it, it feels like I was right but for the wrong reasons.

Now I kind of think that paraplegics are worse off.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.