Citizens arrest, retaliation?

My moms husband made a citizens arrest today. Him and the guy accross the street called the cops on this man. The man was scoping out his neighbours house and looking genuinely sketchy.

The guy supposedly tried to empty his pockets and cocaine and MDMA came out of his pocket. At that point my moms husband grabbed him by his arm while the guy accross the street called the cops.

The cops came and arrested the guy. He indeed did have drugs on him.

My current worries is that the guy was a member of a gang and will do retaliation against my mom and her husband. I’m not sure but i think the guy saw where they live when my moms husband held him.

Im supposed to go over to their house this Friday. Im feeling kinda sketched out. What if his gang or the drug dealer comes to the house, breaks in and kills all 3 of us?

Am I being paranoid? In the streets “snitching” usually ends with retaliation. Im feeling sketched out.

3 Likes

He’s probably just a scumbag with no connections. Truly hope all will be well

1 Like

I hope you’re right.

Thanks man.

1 Like

Anyone from the night crew have any opinions on this?

I wouldn’t worry too much. Anything is possible, but I bet you’re not worrying about planes falling out the sky or getting hit by lightning every time it rains?

Most drug dealers are not part of a gang. From drug dealers I’ve met in passing they are just no bodies who want to make cash.

And besides, you can’t just stop seeing your family due to fear

3 Likes

Good points, thanks for the reply. I appreciate it!

2 Likes

I do get what you mean about fear of snitching. I have told the people that work in my flats about drug goings on here because I don’t like it happening so near my home. I worry too about running a risk of getting into trouble by doing it but personally I prefer the safety of telling them so they know how to combat it.

2 Likes

Nah you’re fine. If he stood around long enough for the cops to be called then arrive and go through the whole process of arresting him, he’s unlikely to have connections like that. Even if he did, they’re not gonna come bash your family. It’d be different if your family was known within the black market, but to that guy and anyone involved with him, they’re just random citizens. Doubt the dude even took note of the address

Side note. Bit of a silly move to empty out your pockets if you’ve got gear in there lol

3 Likes

Your comment has calmed me down, thank you! Im going over on Friday and wont worry.

2 Likes

I hung with a … rougher crowd … when I was younger. Honestly, the penalties for getting caught holding in Canada (even with enough to distribute) are laughingly lax. It’s absolutely not worth it for a gang member to commit a much more serious felony to avenge something that will likely be plead out as a misdemeanour. You can relax.

4 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

I lived a few doors from a gangster at one point. They got bigger fish to fry. Lol
They liked using “moving company” vans. Will leave it at that.

That guy will prob forget about the incident. Take it easy

2 Likes

I wouldnt worry. People like that rely on your fear. Probably some homeless Crackhead.

1 Like

Ive found that most crims only retaliate for dogging them if your a crim yourself. They usually wouldnt get back at normal citizens. Too much trouble.

3 Likes

I’m trying to man. Thanks.

1 Like

Your dad, and that neighbor probably just scared off a drug addict looking to loot some easily accessible items, probably not a gang member if he didn’t fend them both off when he was initially being held.

2 Likes

Don’t worry about retaliation. Just like the above posters said he’s probably just a drug addict , maybe they can help him send him to rehab

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.