Censorship on the forum

I would like to know, with real world examples, why we are censored from talking about certain issues on the forum (ie. religion, spirituality, and politics).

With spirituality in particular, I feel that we, as schizophrenics, have something original to contribute, since our experience is something unique to this discussion, and cannot be replicated elsewhere, like on reddit.

I for one have had experiences that I want to have the freedom to talk about, but this forum takes the decision to repress these whenever someone wishes to discuss them.

Perhaps what is needed is a Sanity quarter. If you can display enough normalilty over recent posting history, then you can enter an area where you are free to discuss these issues. That way tiggering is avoided (although I must say that as a medicated patient, I do not ever experience this triggering, no matter what I read.)

Perhaps what we can discuss in this thread is ways in which we can facilitate this discussion, without causing harm to others.

2 Likes

We don’t allow religious discussions on this site. This for a couple of reasons. First, it tends to cause arguments, because for some reason people can’t seem to just respect each other’s different religious beliefs. Second, many folks suffer from religious delusions. It is one of the top three topics of delusion, alongside aliens and government conspiracies. We don’t allow discussions on those topics, either. Third, there are many members here who were subjected to exorcisms by family members who, sadly, did not understand their illness. Those memories can be very traumatic for those individuals, and they don’t need to be reminded of them.

I hope you can understand, and help keep this a safe place for everyone. Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

Ninjastar
Volunteer Moderator,

8 Likes