Cbd for schizophrenia interesting article

1 Like

I tried CBD. It made me vomit and I became nauseous.

1 Like

@Speedy

Apparently cbd only works for certain schizophrenics they think.

Do you hear voices?

They say it mostly works for the paranoid type schizophrenia, not people who hear voices.

That’s what I’ve read, but who knows

Yep, I am a voice hearer!

1 Like

Here is the study they used in the article for the non clickers:

Normalization of mediotemporal and prefrontal activity, and mediotemporal-striatal connectivity, may underlie antipsychotic effects of cannabidiol in psychosis | Psychological Medicine | Cambridge Core

"Abstract
Background
Recent evidence suggests that cannabidiol (CBD), a non-intoxicating ingredient present in cannabis extract, has an antipsychotic effect in people with established psychosis. However, the effect of CBD on the neurocognitive mechanisms underlying psychosis is unknown.

Methods
Patients with established psychosis on standard antipsychotic treatment were studied on separate days at least one week apart, to investigate the effects of a single dose of orally administered CBD (600 mg) compared to a matched placebo (PLB), using a double-blind, randomized, PLB-controlled, repeated-measures, within-subject cross-over design. Three hours after taking the study drug participants were scanned using a block design functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) paradigm, while performing a verbal paired associate learning task. Fifteen psychosis patients completed both study days, 13 completed both scanning sessions. Nineteen healthy controls (HC) were also scanned using the same fMRI paradigm under identical conditions, but without any drug administration. Effects of CBD on brain activation measured using the blood oxygen level-dependent hemodynamic response fMRI signal were studied in the mediotemporal, prefrontal, and striatal regions of interest.

Results
Compared to HC, psychosis patients under PLB had altered prefrontal activation during verbal encoding, as well as altered mediotemporal and prefrontal activation and greater mediotemporal-striatal functional connectivity during verbal recall. CBD attenuated dysfunction in these regions such that activation under its influence was intermediate between the PLB condition and HC. CBD also attenuated hippocampal-striatal functional connectivity and caused trend-level symptom reduction in psychosis patients.

Conclusions
This suggests that normalization of mediotemporal and prefrontal dysfunction and mediotemporal-striatal functional connectivity may underlie the antipsychotic effects of CBD.

2 Likes

600mg, is that a super high dose?

I just looked at my healthspan cbd and it is 384mg a pill, so it is an achievable amount.

1 Like

I’m very sensitive. I only need a small amount.

600mg seems ridiculous.

1 Like

i think your pills are 6.5 milligrams a pill and 384 the whole box, 600mg is a super high does, and also super expensive

2 Likes

I take cbd with a tiny bit of thc twice a day! It works for me for stress. They don’t sell high doses at any of these dispensaries. It sells. Alms me down and helps me sleep at night! Thank goodness for the herb! :joy:

1 Like

It would be good if we could grow our own cbd plants. The stuff is so expensive, but if you grow your own it works out 10x cheaper.

Interesting stuff the old cbd.

1 Like

It’s an interesting read and maybe potential helpful. I’m not sure I completely trust anything that doesn’t have some kind of effect on dopamine receptors. It would be nice though. Less negatives I would think.

1 Like

I wish cbd would make the voices go away

1 Like

@Bowens

They say it works by increasing anandamide. That’s a chemical that stops pain.

A few people in the world are naturally high in anandamide and they can’t feel pain and are said to be naturally very happy people.

1 Like

@anon80490300

Have you tried cbd for your voices. It may not help voices though, but I’m not sure.

1 Like

Cbd doesn’t help my voices

1 Like

All I know is that I got real chilled out after a cbd gummy.

2 Likes

This lady cannot feel pain because she has 7 times more anandamide than the average person. She’s also happy.

1 Like