Can you read?

I cant read even an article. This thread is hard enough.
I have absolutely no focus on it. When I try to read it goes in one ear and out the other one, but jumbled.

I still read but Iā€™m nowhere near as avid a reader as I was as a child or young woman. It takes me forever to get through books now.

Yes and I do all the time. For a good while I stopped reading fiction because to me adult fiction was boring but young adult fiction was too silly and I felt I was wasting time reading it when I could be learning something with a nonfiction book. But lately I have started getting back into fiction and just having fun with it, though I still read nonfiction too.

1 Like

why does it come back suddenly?

Iā€™m reading ā€œFood of the godsā€ at the moment. Memoryā€™s my problem even though I find the book interesting.

I can read a forum post but I donā€™t remember anything once Iā€™m finished it seems pointlessā€¦

Did you have a medication change?

No. I have no clue why. It just came back one day. I decided to try and was able to read more than a few paragraphs.

1 Like

Yes I love reading and read at least a book a week. Got a Jodi Picoult novel going now. Reading is my solace and escape from harsh reality.

The only time I canā€™t read is when I have a depressive episode or hypomania or hear voices. If I canā€™t read then I must be very depressed not to be able to.

No I canĀ“t because I donĀ“t have the habit.
And it becomes obsessive once I start reading for some days, I prefer to listen to music.

Most Iā€™ve read in a while is 100 pages in a day. Sometimes I can read an easy, short book in a day. But most days I just give up. I have short bursts of reading motivation. I read all the montauk books like 10+ because I thought it would help me and I was obsessed with them. Doc said itā€™s my Aspergers.

When I was on Risperdal and Abilify I felt like I had no comprehension and couldnā€™t even read 1 page. I had zero motivation and a lot of negs. It takes a lot of willpower which I didnā€™t have. I felt like I couldnā€™t read and lost the abilify to even read a page. This went on for years.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.