Can you guys say things to me to stop me from stuffing my face all the time with junk?

I know its a szc website…but it is due to these meds.

I am scared I will cause a self inflicted stroke etc. plus it doesn’t help my self esteem.

I suppose this could help all those who are trying to eat healthy

1 Like

Best option is not have junk lying around. Don’t let it into your house. When you go the grocery store, don’t go into the chips and junk foods aisles. That way it won’t be a temptation.

4 Likes

Don’t go shopping when you are hungry. I find I buy more junk when i am hungry

3 Likes

My advice is to try to approach a healthy diet from a place of self-love rather than self-hatred. If you beat yourself up with guilt over every piece of junk food, you’ll always be using most of your energy just feeling terrible.

If you tell yourself “I love myself enough to eat healthy things” then you’ll feel more at peace and have more energy. Plus, your blood sugar will be more stable.

5 Likes

Bonus: if you fill up on things like fruit and nuts and veggies, you’ll have less room in your stomach to feel hungry for other things.

There is a subspecies of grape that helps me with sugar cravings. They’re called cotton candy grapes, and they literally taste like cotton candy.

4 Likes

Eat soup and drink lots of water.

Liquid tends to curb your hunger.

(I know water isnt the best tasting, but you could opt for other choices like club soda)

1 Like

I dont have a problem with my weight. But the old advice of having a decent breakfast in the morning goes along way, even if its just egg on toast. That way your not snacking all morning on sugar till dinner comes along.

2 Likes

If you’re still on abilify then try taking a b-complex . You can buy them anywhere. That curbs abilify induced appetite.

2 Likes

Thankyou :yellow_heart: wise words

2 Likes

I know this one but forgot…thankyou for reminding me

1 Like

No worries.

I make myself a big pot of soup and throw a lot of veggies in there as well.

Lasts like 2 - 3 days and is really easy on the wallet.

3 Likes

@Mr.Dre

Thats a Great Idea. I havent done that in a while. I used to have a pot going too that i would freeze in containers, when i was a lazy eater, and nuke em when i was hungry.

2 Likes

Think of all the money you’ll save

3 Likes

Thank you guys I’m gonna take your words on board and really Be SERIOUS with my health this time.

Thankyou so much for the support I really really appreciate :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Im struggling with this too…im trying to be not too harsh on myself. Everytime i radically changed my diet to something extreme it lasted 1-2 weeks max. Im doing it bit by bit.

I give myself a weekly budget in cash that is enough for good food, but not loads of extras. I make a shopping list and stick to that. Because if i buy it, i eat it - right away.

I make sure i have EASY healthier food quickly available. Im cooking a hobomeal as we speak. Which might not be perfect, but better than fastfood. When i eat enough regular meals im not crashing and going for sugar.

I have happy reasons why i want to be more healthy.

I accept i will never be perfect at this. If i only change a bit, f.e. by eating good enough dinner, that is great too!

Good luck!!

2 Likes

Thanks @anon77621692,
good luck to you too

we’ve got this

1 Like

Good luck, I know the struggle.

I simply can’t have junk food in the house anymore. :frowning:

Rooting for you! You can overcome this.

1 Like

I agree with what has already been said - don’t bring junk in the house, and come from a place of self-love. I also agree with what leaf said - I have been saving about $35-$40 a week on groceries since I got serious about losing weight again and stopped buying junk. It makes a huge difference.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.