Can you diagnose yourself SZ?

Just curious. What do you think?

1 Like

Maybe.

But I think it is obviously best to get pdoc opinions for confirmation cos they are qualified to do that.

1 Like

I should imagine so.

When I was in prodromal phase, I slowly started to suspect something was wrong so I researched sz a ton. I didn’t diagnose myself, but I kinda knew something was “off” – then I had a full blown psychotic break. I’ve been lucky to have good insight into my illness.

Self-diagnosis ranges from foolhardy to possibly fatal. Leave the doctor stuff to the doctors. They’re trained for it and they have the tools and resources needed (in most countries).

2 Likes

I didn’t go to a doctor right away. I can’t remember what I thought. I knew about my mother and read; I Never Promised You A Rose Garden. But I can’t remember.

1 Like

You can if you want. You may be wrong though.

You can say whatever you would like about yourself but it doesn’t make it true. I’d suggest a doctor or even better more than one over a long period of time if u want an accurate diagnosis.

2 Likes

I doubt it. Doctors told me I was schizophrenic for 7 years before I figured it out for myself.

At first I didn’t even know what that was.

1 Like

Hey @irrelevant ! Welcome to the forum! Glad you found us!

A few tips on things that confuse newbies:

Cake day is the anniversary date of when you joined.

The 1515 or other numbers at the end of peoples posts are because there’s a 15 character minimum to post. So people put 15s after until they get to the minimum characters to post.

To tag someone, put the @ followed by the name.

Here are the moderators if you need them:
@anon4362788 @anon55031185 @Bowens @Moonbeam @rogueone

2 Likes

Technically yes.

Well i have hypochondria so its hard to know for me, but i definirely suspected i was declining in a schizophrenic way several times before my first full blown episode, like many years before.

@CoCo thanks for the info. I used to be in this forum back from around 2008 to 2012 but ur tips are definitely helpful as it has changed since then.

1 Like

Oh ok. Welcome back! I noticed a lot of new members were confused. Many times, people would ask if we had a group delusion with the numbers coming at the end of posts. Stuff like that. So I created a note to welcome everyone and give a few tips so they feel welcomed and comfortable, and not confused.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.