Can my injection be forced on me if I don't have a treatment order?

Can I cancel the appointment and be done with invega poisoning, get my life back and feel sane again? Not worry about them going to measures (whatever that may be) to force medication?

1 Like

Probably not. I take Invega on my own free will. If I stopped though would probably end up involuntarily in the psych ward where you are forced to take meds or you don’t get out. It has happened in the past.

4 Likes

They cannot force you to do anything. It’s only in extreme circumstances that they use treatment orders.

2 Likes

Here in Spain if you don’t go to get the injection, they call you immediately. I also know a woman who stopped going to her appointments with her psychiatrist and a judge went to her home. She ended up involuntarily hospitalized.

3 Likes

What If u cant afford to buy the injection?

2 Likes

I know it’s foolish to go off something that helps, but my bf says the meds are ruining my body, I’m all flab and my stomach looks disformed. He said the meds tore up my stomach and it looks like I’m a 40 yr old woman that had 6 kids

1 Like

It is better to speak with your doctor about switching meds than it is to cancel and not show up.

1 Like

Sounds like you need a new bf. Seriously, that’s not a nice thing to say to someone.
That relationship probably isn’t going to last, sorry to say.

Stick to your meds and work on getting better instead of risking it all for someone who already acts like he doesn’t like you

4 Likes

Yeah the side effects are terrible and the weight is almost impossible to lose in some cases without eating food that give you little to no enjoyment. I don’t have an answer for you but I have sympathy for your plight because I am going through the same thing although I decided to take the drugs come Hell or high water when I realized I couldn’t handle the psychosis for very long at my age. (on the other hand it’s clear the drugs will kill me a little more slowly.)

Nice. I happen to be that. I’m only fat from the meds, not having kids,thanks.

6 Likes

He’s a piece of shite who should be kicked to the curb. You build your partner up, not tear them down, and you NEVER encourage them to wreck their health because you want them to look more like some fake, Photoshopped pr0n star.

Please keep the meds and lose the loser.

6 Likes

They can’t force you straight off , but if in doing so you decompensate to a point you’re a danger to yourself or others then that’s a different story .

1 Like

Well he said a heartless thing, and I’m heartless to think of it. I’m sorry. I’m a ■■■■ up

I should just take my life. I can’t live in this hell anymore. It’s ■■■■■■■ hell. Sz makes me so I can’t concentrate on ■■■■. My life is ■■■■. My brain is destroyed. I can’t live like this anymore.

He’s abusive. Pack up and leave. Real men stick with their loves through anything and support them no matter what. My husband has never said nasty things about how i look. You deserve better.

4 Likes

I was just going to leave my mom house because she doesn’t understand people get overwhelming and won’t let me draw. I was going back home. My boyfriend was going to come to my rescue. He’s all I have.

She said its pretty sad you can’t be around family, maybe you need to be in the hospital. My concentration is ■■■■ and I get intrusive thoughts. I’ve been this way for years. And being with my boyfriend, all that is gone. That’s why I fell in love with him

Being in love doesn’t change that his behavior is abusive. You either leave .and get overthe hurt or stay and be abused. Once someone stays in abuse they are just allowing it.

My mom is abusive too. She just told me she can’t handle me being in her life and she wishes me the best

Saying that isn’t abusive.

1 Like

My credit is in the low 400s. I can’t get any kind of housing. I don’t have any where else to go, and I’m too vulnerable for a group home. My boyfriend says he would never leave me because I never left him when he was at his lowest. He said we support eachother. He said I should starve myself so I can shrink my stomach. He said he’s only telling me that because he’s worried about my health. When you have a belly your at a greater risk for heart disease and stroke