Can min 101 work as an adjunctive?

Because many antipsychotics block the 5ht2a receptor like min 101. It is so that these antipsychotics also block dopamine receptors. I was asking myself does this interfere with the sigma 2 receptor? If not i think that it can be usable as an adjunctive. Which i hope

1 Like

I think MIN 101 targets sigma 2. But other drugs like sodium benzoate or CBD or evenamide, I don’t think they do. Subject to correction of course.

I’m not in my right mind right now. Really wondering what my browsing history is gonna show tomorrow lol

You would probably have to take it after the primary d2 blocking antipsychotic becomes depleted in your system.

So confusing. .min 101 would be a blockbuster medicine…

According to Minerva, it targets the 5HT2A and sigma 2 receptor. Why do you not think it could work with other drugs if it targets sigma 2?

Evenamide is a sodium channel blocker and glutamate modulator, sodium benzoate is a d amino acid oxidase inhibitor. I don’t know how CBD works but it does increase anandamide, which is lower in sz. And there’s another med in trials that works on D3, which is supposed to help in florid psychosis without the side effects associated with D2.

Why is nobody talking about rp-5063? It looks good to me!

With some exceptions, people on this website have already been stabilized on existing antipsychotics.
There is a minority of people who struggle with negative symptoms. Me included. And we like to keep an eye on upcoming drugs which might tackle this problem.
RP-5063 looks like another dopamine partial agonist to me. They don’t mention negative symptoms as a drug target. So understandably the hype surrounding this medicine is virtually nonexistent.

I’m excited about it because it’s supposed to be effective, yet safer than risperidone or aripiprazole.

At least in phase 2 it did not have metabolic or prolactin effects. I’m sure it will have side effects. But hopefully better than existing.

Also it may have some cognitive benefits, although the trial endpoints are based on its antipsychotic properties.

Does it help for alogia?

I don’t know

The Company believes that the unique pharmacological profile of MIN-101 (sigma 2 and serotonin 5HT2a receptor antagonism) and the absence of direct binding to post-synaptic dopamine receptors may explain its specific effects on negative symptoms

1 Like

Bump 151515`1515

Still wondering about the possibility it can be an adjunctive?

It hasn’t even started it’s first phase 3 study, so I think that’s a bit premature, but today, lots of people here are on polypharmacy with typical and atypical antipsychotics, so I wouldn’t see why not. None of those meds were developed (as far as I know) strictly as an adjunctive.

That’s not to say it might not have interactions of course, as may any of the other meds in use.

2 Likes