Can 300 mg lithium be an effective dose?

Hey, is it too soon to tell if lithium works (after a month and two weeks)? Yes, I am med sensitive for sure. I wish 300 mg will work, I am lost if Ill have to stay on Zyprexa only :confused:
But I made bad reaction on 600 mg of lithium too.
Who was helped here by the lithium? It helped your depression? Me, I realize that I even have psychosomatic pains a loot in my illness…

1 Like

I was on lithium at two different points. Not sure how much the first time but a few years ago I was on 450 mgs. I don’t know that it helped me though.

My thoughts are maybe you need an anxiety med. Something to calm the bad thoughts.

1 Like

I hope it works for you but that is a seriously low dose even for am elephant

I know @anon20318121, but my doc said to lower it to 300 mg. some depressed people take it at that dose and it works too no? I am not a typical schizophrenic, you know. I never tolerated big dosages in fact.
@Hop3 you were on a low dose too, don’t you remember if it was helping you? you took it for what exactly?
I cant be on anxiety meds forever, ill get hooked on them cause my bad thoughts are constant and heavy ones…

I was diagnosed schizoaffective disorder so I took it for that. I guess I was on it to stabilize my moods. But now they changed my diagnosis to schizophrenia with psychotic disorder. So I don’t know that I needed it. No, it didn’t help me, Sorry I can’t be of more help. If you are sensitive to meds maybe it will help you the 300 or you could try 450 with your doctors approval. Give it a chance at a lower dose. Everyone is different. Plus it would seem in combination with the depakote, it could help.

As for the anxiety meds, would you be able to try a ssri or snri? Or would they cause mania for you? Those kinds are not really addicting in the way things like benzos are. There are other non addicting ones. I used to worry all the time. I take pristiq for anxiety and it helps a ton.

yeah, I cant handle antidepressants either in fact… They make me anxious and agitated. My doc also thinks that I am schizoaffective, depressive type. Yes, I pray that 300 mg will be enough.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.