Caffeine thread

I can’t function without having some caffeine. It helps with the negatives and makes me more present and alert.
Too much is not good, and can make me jittery and anxious, but I have a pretty high tolerance at this point.

Now like when I was on invega where having half a liter of Pepsi would render me sleepless.

2 Likes

Caffeine is a nice legal drug, on zyprexa it was super stimulating to me, now on latuda it’s nice to combat the sedation. Tea caffeine affects me different than coffee caffeine tho.

2 Likes

I just drink decaf. I think there’s about 5 mg per cup.

2 Likes

Yeah decaf coffee and tea is good. I prefer decaf tea.

2 Likes

drank 2 cups of tea, and 1 cup of coffee today, bout to have another coffee, want to be able to read without stopping for at least a few hours, i am too inconsistent with my hobbies

2 Likes

I’m kicking my own self Ive been drinking caffeine. Not the end of the world but I would like to make it where to have less than 50mg.

1 Like

I gave up drinking coffee last week. The withdrawals were horrific and I needed pain killers for aches in my legs.

I’d love to be able to just have one or 2 cups a day but I was an addict and drank way too much.

I do feel tired now though but hopefully that will get better.

3 Likes

You will get better. Caffeine is a tough one. I’m not totally letting it go. Yet. Good luck everhopeful.

1 Like

I’m drinking two or three cups of coffee in the morning. For each cup I put in three tea spoons of coffee powder and add milk, sugar or sweetener.

2 Likes

I’ve started looking into this Mr. Balzac person a little. Interesting. He seems to have actually written a non-fiction work entitled “The Pleasures and Pains of Coffee,” in which he talks about how to use coffee to enhance performance in some ways.

Thanks for mentioning him.

1 Like
1 Like

Caffeine can be episode triggering in high quantities since it also disturbs your sleep patterns. My pdoc recommends 2 cups of coffee a day before 4pm.

I cheat sometime and drink 3 and sometimes I have a lot of diet coke but that’s neither here nor there I keep it pretty balanced.

1 Like

Be careful. A couple weeks ago I triggered a bad, near psychotic episode by taking too much caffeine. Drank a couple Monsters and then took 2 energy pills instead of 1.

Caffeine can trigger psychosis just like any other stimulant.

3 Likes

I’m trying out my new iced coffee maker tomorrow. $25 on Amazon. We had to buy a bag of ice for it though.

2 Likes

I intend to start my new program of coffee intake in about 5 minutes. I hope that I do not exceed about 400 mg of caffeine daily.

1 Like

I switched from 5 large cups of coffee to only decaf recently, it’s surprisingly easy on me

1 Like

I’m on my third cup of coffee for the day. Didn’t sleep great last night but gotta power through because I’m tired of missing important phone calls due to inopportune napping lol.

1 Like

I use coffee to prevent napping during the day and to wake up early. Without coffee at 7-8am I fall asleep again until 1pm.

2 Likes

And oversleeping and napping gives me headaches.

2 Likes

Oh God, I used to have oversleeping headaches when I was on Paliperidone. 12 Hours a night. Sometimes a bit more.

2 Likes