Caffeine thread

160mg a day usually from a can of Monster. Fruit punch is my fav flavor.

1 Like

I average four cups of coffee a day and 1 decaf. I have 1 and a half teaspoons In each cup and milk. As long as I don’t drink it after 3pm I can sleep. I think I wud b depressed without coffee

1 Like

I’ve been having a few monster rehab energy drinks. They have tea, coconut water and acai, kind of refreshing.

1 Like

Caffeine makes my heart race

1 Like

I need to quit cold turkey.

1 Like

I’m zinging out drinking caffeine. I really need to quit. It feels worse than nicotine almost.

1 Like

I’ve tried the following routine for almost a full week now: 110 mg of coffee in one double shot espresso for each of the first 4 days. Then, no caffeine for 3 days.

From what I’ve read, it may take about 12 to 24 hours for caffeine withdrawal to start, and then withdrawal may last 2 to ten days.

So, hopefully, by taking 3 days off of caffeine, I’m giving my body a chance to recover and repair itself before the next cycle.

I hope it works.

I feel like I’ve been extra caffeine sensitive over the past few days for some reason, but there’s been no change in meds nor diet

2 Likes

i used to be huge on caffine,now i drink caffine maybe once or twice a week

2 Likes

i had like 700mgs yesterday cuz i didnt get much sleep i thought that was a lot lol

2 Likes

“down the road, it’s going to lead to aging, damaged skin, brain fog, severe focus and concentration problems, fatigue, hair loss, and weight gain”

After reading about possible side effects like that, I decided to try to motivate myself to work on one of my projects without caffeine today.

I’m doing pretty well, so far.

That tells me that maybe I just needed the caffeine to help to motivate me to start the project, and now that I’ve got some momentum going, I may be able to work on the project for a while without the caffeine.

For most of my life, coffee has been an occasional thing. Maybe that shouldn’t change.

Well, 2 days after my last coffee, I tried to do a bunch of tedious work again.

Instead of my mind diving in and getting the work done as if it was an emergency, after a while, my mind started thinking: Wow. This is tedious and time consuming. Shouldn’t I search for a faster way, instead?

I guess I’m going back to the 4 days on coffee, 3 days off coffee schedule next week. It may damage my health a little over time, but I think that some tedious work must be done, and I don’t seem to have reasonable extrinsic motivation for this work.

I used to drink coffee in the morning - used to give me anxiety and a slight euphoric feeling

Since taking AP meds, I can drink as much coffee as I like and I will not feel anything at all - no anxiety, no buzz - nothing!

3 Likes

Too much coffee, over 2 cups/day makes me irritable and nervous.

2 Likes

There’s always articles showing good of coffee and bad of coffee. I love coffee so I’ll just go with the good articles. Plus I’m already experiencing most of those negative side effects from sz and meds lol. #pickyourpoison
2 Likes

I’ve been re-watching the The Fast and Furious 1 first race scene.

I think a lot of people use caffeine and other stimulants like the green car used nitrous oxide. They use it all the time to the point of tearing up their system. I think I would rather use caffeine like the winning car uses nitrous oxide: As a temporary boost when it counts to get the job done.

It is a visualization that I hope helps.

1 Like

My grandpa drinks a pot of coffee a day. He’s been doing that since the Great Depression. He’s 94 years old and still kickin.

2 Likes

I think I’m going to keep a low caffeine mg drinks in my diet. With soda I can have one. Right now I’m drinking flavored fizzy water.

1 Like

Maybe a good idea, caffeine is still a drug although a convenient one.

2 Likes