Best exercise to get heart rate up with the least amount of muscle work?

Running or swimming maybe? My muscles use a long time to recover so I was wondering what is best way to get heart rate up and to do cardio without tiring out your muscles. I want to exercise a bit every day.

3 Likes

Maybe walk up and down some hills?

5 Likes

I tried walking in the forest once, up some hills. My leg muscles couldn’t handle that for very long. There’s something strange going on with the medications they make the muscles take a long time to recover.

3 Likes

Swimming is good cuz you use all your muscles but the water carries your weight, so you’re less likely to stress your joints.

3 Likes

Doing your annual taxes.

5 Likes

Hot baths can give cardio conditioning
Dancing to music.
Walking .

1 Like

i had to have a stress echo not too long ago and they wanted my heart rate to get to 160. 9 min on a treadmill at a fast pace and pretty steep incline did it. and i doubt it would do much for building muscle.

1 Like

Or jungle…

2 Likes

This shall aggravate depression as a bonus

1 Like

This is a sad truth.

1 Like

Brisk walking or jogging.

I have read zone1 and zone2 cardio is better for cardiovascular health. Tends to have that destressing effect which something like HIIT or north of 60% max heart rate cardio doesn’t.

Yeah, me too. My muscle felt heavier than usually would have on olanzapine after exercising.

1 Like

Someone sent me several taxation related docs just few minutes ago. They want printouts of those.

Obviously I am going to have to read those in time. Damn!

1 Like

I’ve found that the best way to get endorphins into my system is to do plyometrics combined with about a two mile run. It feels good when I do that, but people think you’re very strange if they see you doing plyometrics in public in broad daylight. I would like to do a little swimming if I ever got the chance - ( a.) so I won’t drowned if I fall out of a boat sometime, and ( b.) to loosen up my joints.

1 Like

Would it help un outgrowing social anxiety while people actually go on to take you for a real weirdo? :laughing: :joy:

You don’t want to be too afraid of other people’s judgement, but you don’t want to be unaware of it too.

1 Like

Oof, that reminds me, I need to pick up my completed taxes today from the CPA. I have no idea if I owe taxes or am getting a refund. Oh, the suspense…

3 Likes

I think swimming is a really good one. In my country they even give free swim passes to mentally ill ppl. Cos they know it’s beneficial for them and ‘easy’

2 Likes

I always owe. The only suspense is how bad is it this year.

2 Likes

Probably skipping rope

2 Likes

I’m gonna go with flaming torch juggling. just because of the fire involved.

fire-bravos

2 Likes