Benzodiazepines in schizophrenia - PubMed

1 Like

I think it could be a last resort.

I think they should be banned.
Schizophrenics have a higher risk of addictions and suicide attempts.

1 Like

As someone who occasionally needs to be on them, I think they are needed until something better comes along.

4 Likes

I agree with @anon10627598. I occasionally need them also. I understand the risks of addiction but that is why I don’t take them unless I absolutely need it.

2 Likes

i am on 2mg lorazapam…??

1 Like

LS! The risk of dementia is 25 fold of normal in schizophrenia. Benzos make it even worse:

https://www.lifeextension.com/news/aging/24138

3 Likes

Benzos are fine as long as you use them sparingly. I may use Lorazepam a few times a year, never had a problem. Problems usually arise when you take them everyday for extended periods of time.

I was on clonazepam daily for about a year. I would spasm while sleeping and had 3 weeks of withdrawals after a 4 month taper. Wasn’t fun.

1 Like

Benzos can be used for spasticity that occurs with my suspected condition. In fact, many people do take them instead of baclofen. People sometimes get really dizzy when they take it.

1 Like

I take benzos everyday and don’t feel addictive. :spider::spider::spider:

1 Like

Not worth the risk plus they could make you sicker. I tried them.

1 Like

I think there is a difference between addiction and dependency. I never felt I was addicted to benzos because I never felt like I had a desire for them (like I did with cigarettes), but my body became dependent on them, when I missed them a day later I had physical and unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.

2 Likes

You bring up a good point. :hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick:

2 Likes