Being ''overloaded'' by all the information around us, do you know this?

I guess when you have fears like I do, its a problem. I can get very overloaded by all the information around me. Outside is harder. There are so many sounds, images, stimulis etc etc that I can just get kinda of dumb and in some kind of abnormal state I guess. Maybe the autistics feel the same. I lost the habit of getting so much information. Can I recover regarding the fact that I wasn’t stimulated for decades? I had this problem since forever, but because I gave up years ago, it went bad now. I just get paranoid or irritated when too much information. Are you like this? cause really, I am not sure if the brain can recover from this kind of ‘‘dumbness’’…

3 Likes

Some people take in information like they are trying to drink from a firehouse. Taking in information is easier for others. I don’t think it makes you dumb I’m the same way. Just find what you are good at basically. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses.

3 Likes

yes, ok… but its not right what I feel sometimes when overloaded… Its not ok to be overloaded by everything outside… But I see what you mean, hah, we are humans and all different :slight_smile: .I am just worried that I killed my brain a bit within the years…

2 Likes

I get overloaded and it overwhelms me to the point where I feel like I’m going to explode!
I felt overwhelmed last night.
Too many problems on my mind.

I don’t like to walk outside because of the external stimuli.

3 Likes

I find that the more I isolate, the harder it is to expose myself to multiple stimuli, so I’ve been taking things in small, but increasingly stimulating, doses. Like a month ago I couldn’t handle shopping at Wal Mart unless it was 3am, and now I can go during the day…but I’m not ready to do a Friday night or Saturday yet. I think that increasing exposure to multiple stimulating environments over time makes it a little easier.

2 Likes

ok, I see wave. sorry for that. It should be just a thing of psychosis. We got to this point yeah… The mind is strange. The paranoia should be a sign for something wrong. so lets keep fighting. I try to be a better person now. I would like to get better faster, but I think it will take me time if its possible already. I missed my whole youth, even my childhood.
Whiteraven, I am the same. No more Friday nights for me too… You give yourself a courage, is that all? benzos work fine on me, but it sucks to be on them…

2 Likes

I get overwhelmed by too much stress or information all the time. Usually trying to keep up with news and politics. I avoid most TV, can’t handle violence or intense scenes, especially when children or other innocent victims are a part of it. No action movies or horror flicks either.
When i was young I was attracted to extremes, in both music and films/TV. Not any more. The recorded music I can handle, live music and going to the movies I just do without.
Maybe I’m a little boring now, but I have to do what keeps my symptoms at bay.

1 Like

Raven, you didn’t answer me… what changed so that you can go out now in the day? sorry if I am bothering. meds helped you or it was just your efforts? Me, I have my paranoia, that’s for sure, but some other times I am just so depressed and lazy that I cant get up from my couch. Its not a life, just suffering…

Be sure the brain can, there are many informations out there, even in a void room, you have left yourself and your decision making power in informations coming to you from outside world, you have lost your right to choose between contradicting informations, it is not so that you are nothing and everything else is a thing,
This condition does not solve by only talking, you should get help from meds to have a more silent brain and yet respecting yourself and finding bases for your decisions,

You have neglected yourself so everything have become a fierce god for you trying to impose itself on you, "you should become alive again to suppress this informations who act like a fierce god always frightening you of being disobedient to them, kill them by imposing yourself on them and get helps from meds too, I think “sedating meds” help, at least for a short period to make your mind more silent,

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.