Barbie clothing!

Besides art, my passion is clothing, I’m a seamstress and fashion designer by profession. I don’t sew much anymore, but I do love sewing for my dolls!

Rose, Hyacinth, Violet and Daisy

Adele and Avril

I love giving my dolls gothic outfits. I have used PVC, tulle and lace in these outfits. I have been designing a PVC evening dress for my new barbie, and I’m really exited about it!

What is your favorite outfit? I like them all, but most proud I am of Adele’s outfit… her dress has full puffy sleeves on it, and they were pretty hard to sew! The most I love about these barbie clothes is that I learn more with every new outfit, and this is the perfect past time for me…

Yay :slight_smile:

24 Likes

Violet, with the strawberries. Cool hobby.

1 Like

I pick Adele’s outfit. Very nice :+1:. Second would be Hyacinth or a tie with violet

1 Like

They are all unbelievably cool!

:open_mouth:

1 Like

Amazing! My fave is the orange lace one.

2 Likes

Strawberry one for sure. Love your hobby

2 Likes

Very cool. I can see your fashion aesthetic through your work.

1 Like

Thank you so much everyone!

Working with such a small scale is challenging. I am used to making clothing for people, but this is the best way to spend time in my opinion :smiley: I improve my skills with every outfit. I have patterns for skirts, tops and pants, and I can alter them to fit my designs. I have found the patterns in the internet and in a book of Barbie clothing.

5 Likes

I got a new doll and made her a new outfit. She is Nicki, and she’s in a black pvc evening dress with pink details.
I love her so much, she is a beautiful doll!

7 Likes

Love what you did with the hair!

2 Likes

You are so talented @nimeton!

1 Like

Her hair was braided when I got her! So I can not take credit for it :slight_smile: her hair was one of the reasons I wanted to have her.

1 Like

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very cool hobby! I love Violet’s dress the most!! :relaxed:

1 Like

I like them all but the one that stands out most to me is Hyacinth! They are all gorgeous though!

1 Like

Your dolls don’t look like the typical Barbies. Where do you get your dolls?

1 Like

Check this out

1 Like

Hello and thank you again for comments! I’m on a roll and made Daisy a new outfit: pink pvc with black lace.

I get my dolls from toy stores and basic markets… the new Barbie dolls are very different from the ones I played with as a kid. There are different body types for Barbies, my girls are curvy or “normal” Barbie body, but there are also petite and tall Barbies. Also there are all skin tones included. There’s also a Barbie in wheelchair. I love the variety of new Barbie dolls.

For me it is important to collect Barbies that feel special to me and I feel a connection with. Sounds a little silly, but I am a silly person :smiley: I also want to give them clothing that fit their “personality”.

3 Likes

That looks awesome! I would love to make this doll a new outfit!

1 Like

Actually a lot of people feel and think the same as you and it tend to be the more creative you are the more you feeling this way! It’s amazing you can make clothes like this! I hope I can make my own clothes someday

1 Like