Bad time in the hospital

The system here is dumm broke :joy:

1 Like

The only thing I can think of why they changed your diagnoses is that your normal pdoc who had seen regularly changed you diagnoses and you heard from the on-duty psychiatrist as it was already in your medical notes.

wow ok this thread was over 9 days ago iā€™m late.
but yeah, different doctors.
different opinions.
iā€™ve been dxā€™s with almost every disorder out there.
even bpd.
but stick true to what you believe is the right fit for you.
hope all goes well for you.

1 Like

Heh. No worries. I did end up getting a 2nd opinion, psychotic disorder NOS. But they were talking about getting collateral interviews with my parents, and possibly ā€œupgradingā€ to schizophrenia. Iā€™m back on meds now, which for me is the most important thing

4 Likes

After getting out the psych ward in 2009 (treated for bipolar at the time and discharged with that diagnosis at the time) I was on too much qutiapine and kept falling over. I contacted my psychiatrist over and over regarding the matter but nothing was done. I ended up breaking my ankle falling over.

I lost my temper with this psychiatrist (had good reason due to broken ankle after a week of reaching out and nothing being done) and was immediately slapped with BPD

That is now off my medical records (this was abroad)I obviously donā€™t have BPD he was just a disgruntled doctor who was not happy with my behaviour.

It does happen. I am glad you are back on your medication as that is the most important thing and perhaps your parents can vouch for you. Fight for yourself and defiantly get the diagnosis ā€œupgradedā€ (ridiculous)

It will work itself out in time none the less.

1 Like

Brutal. Iā€™m so sorry :frowning: very close to my experiences. In all fairness, PD NOS was a provisional dx. Maybe upgrade isnā€™t the right word (reevaluate?) But Iā€™m just really happy thatā€™s an option for me.

2 Likes

Thank you. That was educational

2 Likes

So glad youā€™re back on meds again! I had NOS for about a year, before they switched me over to schizophrenia. Itā€™s really a placeholder diagnosis, while they watch you for further symptoms. But it allows them to treat you properly. It mostly exists for insurance reasons.

2 Likes

@Ninjastar definitely :heart: thank you for sharing! I was talking to my mom as a sort of informal historyā€¦ and I realised I have intense paranoia and negative symptoms going back almost 2 decades. Sz seems more likely, now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.