Bad night followed by a weird day

Does anybody think of their future? like 10-25 years, what will happen, where they will live etc

It is a big issue for me and I can not decide if I am in the right path in life, is it just me?
All I do is live day by day and just have fun and be responsible while maintaining health.

Years will pass like this if I stay alive and then one day I will be 50 -55 my mom’s age without kids.

It just my future does not look happy or bright? I dunno if it is my mental illness making me see things this way! =(

1 Like

Yes. I worry about my future a lot too. The best we can do is just hope for the best. I don’t think anyone knows what the future holds.

1 Like

I used to dwell on the future a lot.

I had a delusion that the political and financial systems are corrupt and that it would all end in tears when the recession came. But I was wrong, the recession didn’t come.

So I stopped thinking about it, and now I am happier. Plus if it does happen at least I learned how to forage for food.

In hospital they told me that all anxiety is about things that are in the future, so if you want to stop feeling anxious then focus on the present more. It was good advice.

2 Likes

What would you like your future to look like? I think you should focus on that and then how you could achieve that future rather than worrying about what might be.

2 Likes

I am not sure. Happy and surrounded with loved ones. I guess we evolve by age too, need to take that into consideration.

1 Like

Yeah, your dream of the future may change over time and that’s fine, you can always change paths later. Do you feel you are on a good path towards achieving that future right now?

1 Like

Nah,. I am in a weird phase of I don’t know what I want what is right, what to do, it’s been like this since i turned 27 - now almost 29 :frowning:

You know what you want, you want to be surrounded by loved ones and be happy…what do you think happiness looks like? Start fantasizing. You can start with wild crazy stuff and then gradually work your way down to make things more realistic. The goal is to get yourself excited for the future and motivated to work for it.

Any future you would be excited for and choose for yourself is right.

2 Likes

trust me I know. I am not excited for anything at this point. Not sure what would drive my ambition back to normal.
Surrounded with loved ones… anyway, don’t wanna disclose my thoughts here.

Sure. Feel free to message me anytime if you’d like. I have been in the position where I was not excited for the future, was confused/scared and in fact dreaded it, so I can get where you’re coming from.

Sometimes also if you’re depressed it becomes very difficult to think of these things as nothing will seem to make you happy. So it may be better to wait until the depression passes or improves.

1 Like

Expect the best, plan for the worst. Either way you’re prepared.
Put you’re worrying to good use and learn to be flexible and resilient about how you react to life.
If you resist change at all cost, then don’t be surprised that your life is never any different that what you have today.

1 Like

Pretty normal to start questioning where you are going around the age of 30, Time goes by so fast and it takes a life time to build a secure future.

Nothing worse then knocking on retirements door and nothing there.

2 Likes