Aripiprazole (abilify) again

I’ll start abilify again, 5mg :smile: any of you had dystonia with 5mg of aripiprazol?

1 Like

I’m currently on 2.5mg but it will soon go up to 5mg. (For prolactin ) so far I’ve not had any side effects. I hope it stays that way once I go up to 5mg.

1 Like

I have real short sleeps on abilify but it also gives me alot of energy. I sleep for 3 hours at a time mostly. I also feel hungover when i wake up, but it passes after an hour or so.

Good luck with it.

2 Likes

Lucky yooou! :smirk::ok_hand:

1 Like

Thank you… :slight_smile:

Why did you stop it before, were you trying out a different medicine? did something put you off abilify initially?

I am on abilify.
It does some kind of energy thing to me. My energy levels are lower and so is my motivation.
But maybe it is not that bad since I have nothing to compare it to, I am too scared to change to a different med

Good luck with it :))

1 Like

Never been in 5mg and never had that problem. But good luck with abilify, hope this time you feel better :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Eu também, obrigada :slight_smile: o invega tem-me feito discinesia na língua além tb das oculogiras, daí a mudança novamente. É estranho em doses tão baixas como estas mas em princípio está relacionado com o meu traumatismo cranioencefálico…

1 Like

You haven’t tried risperidone have you?

1 Like

A took risperidone yes, for the longest time. It made me fat, sedated and very unhappy

I think the sedation is worth it, I tried abilify and it was like torture. I can’t explain it. I started eating to cope with the pain and just ended up quitting treatment. Risperidone I feel will be a good med, I don’t care about weight gain so long as it doesn’t impact my health God made me how he made me

1 Like

For me it is too much sedation… death in life. I have dystonia and dyskinesia with all AP but it’s not severe. I take very low doses but i have sensivity because i had traumatic brain injury. It’s 4 a.m. in my country…i was sleeping but I’m awake now because of dyskinesia in my tongue. :frowning:

1 Like

Like taking a tranquilizer, Jesus

1 Like

I’m very sorry to hear that @Greenmind :frowning:
I hope you’re doing okay. You’re going get through it.

1 Like

Thank you, i hope this problem go away.

1 Like

No. They started me off on abilify n stuck with it

1 Like

Dystonia was the problem but i have it with all AP i tried

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.