Are you eating for life or eating for death?

When I first started overeating, I would eat so much it would hurt and then I would eat some more. It really was very much like suicide. I hated myself and this was a way to express it. It’s a hard thing to relive, but it will heal my mind to resolve the issue. I have no desire to eat like that any more.

1 Like

i eat for life but i really enjoy eating though… sometimes when i have something special that i don’t have every day i eat so much that it hurts too… but usually i take small portions.

I eat because I love food but that’s not to say I don’t love life.

I meant only overeating was a death wish. Normal eating is not a death wish.

I try to eat for enjoyment, and weight loss. Hopefully that is fine.

But I’ve used eating as an unhealthy coping mechanism for so long. I hope I will be OK. But I just don’t know!

My problem is upstairs neighbor makes it hard to cook. Also making me sick, so I eat more processed food, which isn’t good.

I was so tense about it, my jaw was stiff.

I personally would not call it a death wish though. Because it wasn’t.

Maybe to you it was

That’s right. I’m only referring to myself.

I’ve got a weird condition where I’m never full, so that doesn’t help. Also doesn’t help that I like to enjoy my food so I can’t live on shredded lettuce.

After awhile, my stomach went numb to feeling full, too. Since then, it has regained its feeling. Now, I could not eat like I used to.

Both really, everyone eats and everyone will eventually die.

I meant like dying of a split stomach.

No, I am not depressed. Eating is fun but I wish I could lose weight.

I probably eat for death my diet is mostly fast food and unhealthy things

I think I eat for death. My father and his people make the food here. It tastes good, there is seldom anything healthy. But I have no control over it. I eat too often too.

It was Benjamin Franklin who said “Eat to live; don’t live to eat.”

2 Likes

I used to just eat to stay alive.
I’ve gotten better at eating when I’m hungry - and stopping when I’m not.
My grandfather always said the key to a long life is not to eat untill you’re full, just until you’re no longer hungry.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.