Anyone with Tinnitus?

Yes I have it. :koala::koala::koala:

What do you hear?
I get this noise like a food steamer or tape recorder on record. It used to be constant but now it’s sometimes

Wow, that sounds uncomfortable I just get simple ringing. Piiiiiiiiinggggggggg.

I had it. I used to have delusionals about it. I heard all sorts of sounds from ringing to mumbling. Seroquel has made it go away. @Ninjastar told me that sometimes, antipsychotics can help with tinnitus, so I hope your AP gets rid of yours!

Not antipsychotics. Low dose tricyclic antidepressants. But it’s only for severe cases.

But you said…

Yeah. Amitriptyline is a tricyclic antidepressant.

I mean, it’s possible that certain APs also help. I can only speak to the amitriptyline, though.

Yes, but it’s not a neuroleptic. That’s why I thought you were refering to both certain AP’s and amitriptyline.

1 Like

Ahh you’re right. My bad! I think at the time I thought neuroleptic was a catch-all for psych meds.

1 Like

Oh okay, lol now I see. I was so confused! :joy: I got it now, thanks for clearing that up. I wonder if the AP working was a placebo effect though. I doubt that all of that noise was just a hallucination.

1 Like

I edited my original post so there’s no more bad information floating around.

Alright and I’ll flag my post since it has wrong information too.

1 Like

Nah, without your post none of our posts with the right info would have made sense. But I can edit it if you like.

1 Like

Oh, yeah you’re right. Leaving them up is cool with me!

1 Like

I get a ringing in the ears. had it for like 6 years now, it’s worse when I drink coffee I’ve noticed.

Makes me feel better that I’m not the only one.

1 Like

I have it. It’s loud right now.

I think I might. If it’s quiet I hear a ringing in my ears. Too many years of loud music, headphones, drumming, guitars, etc. Either way I’ve done some damage.

I’ve got it in my left ear, a light ringing. It might be related to my TMJ on that side. It still acts up, if you imagine scissors with a loose screw getting snagged overlapping the wrong way as you close the scissors, then suddenly realigning and slamming shut. This happens with the left side of my jaw if I don’t eat slowly. Anyway I really only notice the tinnitus when everything else is silent, like when going to sleep.

I was interested to find out that tinnitus is not a problem with the ear itself, but rather the brain. I think that’s what I read.