Anyone watching the boxing tonight?

Wilder - should be good but I didn’t like his pre-fight comments

1 Like

What network is it on?

1 Like

Not sure in America. Is ‘showtime’ a network? Heard that being said

Yes. Showtime is a network. HBO does boxing but often if it’s good it’s pay per view.

1 Like

I’m watching it right now.

I think its on Showtime,

Its my husband’s choice,

I find it boring.

1 Like

I have HBO but not Showtime. I like heavyweight boxing but you don’t see it much anymore

The lighter weight guys I don’t find that entertaining.

1 Like

Ever since MMA came out I haven’t really followed boxing. I used to watch all the heavyweight bouts.

It’s a long story but I will try to hit the highlights. In the early 2000s I lived in an apartment and the cable company couldn’t get my HBO to work. They came out several times. Finally some guy fixed it but he gave me all the channels. I even got pay per view for free. I used to have fight nights at the house all the time. It was pretty cool.

We got free telephone there too. That was back when you had to pay for long distance. We lived in California far from home and my wife talked to all her people all day long. We had phone service the whole time we lived there and I never got one bill.

Now I am convinced it was always the government. I wasn’t sick then.

1 Like

I used to watch pay per view fights with my Grandad when I was a kid. We were watching the fight when Tyson bit Holyfield’s Ear. We also saw George Foreman’s last match, we think they gave it to him (the judges). It’s been awhile since I’ve watched the sport though.

1 Like

Wilder won’t fight AJ, turned down $100M :unamused:

1 Like

Dear lord,

I’m still watching the fight,

Its soooo boring.

If I wanted to see two half naked dudes fight I would have stayed in Georgia.

1 Like

Lmao. Don’t worry. Gary Russell Jr is very feather fisted. He’s not the most entertaining fighter out there. Deontay Wilder on the other hand. He hits like a truck. I expect him to knock Dominic Breazeale out in less than 8 rounds. Probably around the 6th. That one might be more entertaining. The main event is mainly why I’m watching.

@TomCat sadly HBO will no longer show boxing. It began this year.

1 Like

Wow… strange ring entrance. Did anyone else see that? Am I just imagining things?

1 Like

So much for the 6th round. Lol.

Yeah,

I thought I had smoked too much,

But it appears he had two contortionists.

Aaannnnddd,

Its over.

1 Like

Yep. At least you no longer have to be bored of watching boxing. Two contortionists; that was really weird. Coming out to a Phil Collins song no less.

Deontay Wilder has a killer right hand. The other guy held his left hand too low. Ouch, just saw the replay.

1 Like

Just watched the replay too,

Its pretty brutal,

Brief, but brutal.

1 Like

Yep, the other guy was throwing a left hook from too far away also he didn’t use tuck in his shoulder for more power on the hook, it was a lazy left hook. Good thing my dad didn’t watch it. He gets pissed at first round knockouts usually. One thing I don’t like about boxing is the whole persona thing they do. It’s like WWE. Usually after the fights they’re a bit more honest than all the talk before the fights. Usually for a more powerful left hook you tuck in the shoulder slightly, bend the knees and tip toe hop with the left. Sometimes you move the hind leg away in a semi circle to get a better angle and also to be in a better defensive position. Breazeale threw what is called an arm punch. He didn’t really pivot or use his body weight behind it. He was probably still hurt from the previous punch. Anyway, Deontay Wilder has quick hands for his size.

1 Like

There is a bit of boxing politics too. For example when they talked about who they’ll fight next, it’s all about the money and there are a few channels who want to get fighters like Deontay Wilder. In the end it’s about money. Luis Ortiz already lost to Deontay Wilder and he quickly hopped in the ring ala WWE to get some publicity. Lol. They want multi million dollar paychecks. Hell I would too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.