Anyone tried Rhodiola Rosea?

Did it help in anyway at all? I’m hoping it might give me a cognitive boost.

i tried it, took on the advice of an internet medicine man, and he said you could feel it when you took it unlike other herbs. i took it and didn’t feel a thing, and stopped taking it. i still have the nearly full bottle from a couple years ago, to be fair i never really gave it a chance, i think it’s supposed to help with stress, an adaptogen.

1 Like

So do I. I’ve just taken a capsule out of it now.

1 Like

Most of these supplements give you a energetic lift like lion’s mane does and then you reject them for increasing your anxiety.

It is like anything that would remove anhedonia and avolition, give you energy and boost you dislike.

Do you think this is true?

1 Like

Anything that increases anxiety I need like a hole in the head ! Increased anxiety is a red line for me for sure.

But I’ve found that lots of supplements interact with Abilify in a scary way not just anxiety.

I would be cautious @everhopeful

1 Like

The supplements do ‘what they say on the tin’. I don’t think it is an interaction with abilify per se, or everyone who takes supplements on abilify would react the same way.

The problem is that you want to increase energy and that comes with increased anxiety for you. Identifying that the loss of avolition means you have to do something and that makes you uncomfortable.

If you could use that ‘nervous’ energy into doing something practical while taking a supplement is the problem. Sitting there feeling energised with no outlet maybe the problem rather than any interaction or anything.

1 Like

I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings about this.

How is the Rhodiola going?

1 Like

You didn’t hurt my feelings :joy:

I just don’t agree with your assessment !

Felt nothing really…