Anyone on benefits?

i don’t make the rules. i think i get more because i always claimed myself as a dependent?

I think I am getting around $720.00 a month cash, plus food stamps and med’s. My check automatically goes for my room and board. After that I get $52.00 a week cash, plus $130.00 a month in food stamps. I’m in the “independent living” segment of our assisted living center. The people who live in the residential care facility get $10.00 a week spending money.

I get a lot plus a retired check plus rental income.

2 Likes

You’re lucky to have gotten sick at a later age.

1 Like

Ya I am thankful for that at least.

2 Likes

I get about 1500 a month USD. I only worked 4 years too before I got disability but I used to make a lot of money.

2 Likes

Here in Ireland I get 193 euro a week, free meds, and free travel pass

$970 AUD in Australia every 2 wks

1 Like

I get about £850 a month paid to me and rent that goes straight to my landlord.

I get about US $650 a month from SSI. I’m really grateful as I’m too disabled to work.

1 Like

I get $500 in SSI a month plus Medicare or Medicaid (can’t remember) which covers all the expensive medications. I have Humana. Then I get $192 in food stamps.

I also work with my father full time as a cashier and get paid in cash which is off the books. I’m doing pretty good financially but feel miserable most of the time. Don’t feel motivated at all but I try to hang in there and contribute what I can to the family unit and try not to be a burden to anyone.

I don’t even know how I got disability but it damn sure isn’t enough to cover anything. It’s still something but I feel completely bummed out because I had a lot of big goals and aspirations that have all gone down the drain. I keep pushing through it because it’s an easy job but don’t know how long I can keep going.

1 Like

I get 750 a month SSI. Get 145 in food stamps, free meds and rides to doctors. But I pay alot in rent. I also get an allowance for 25 USD every week or 50 every 2 weeks

2 Likes

I don’t think this question is anyone’s business.

4 Likes

1588 a month free medical and live at home save 1k a month spend the rest on vape stuff and supplements live in canada

I’m in Australia and reluctant to post details. Each country is different and it’s easy to find out such information locally. I agree with @SkinnyMe . It’s inappropriate putting this stuff online!

Be careful peeps!

2 Likes

1,200 bucks a month…SSDI…only 16 bucks a month in food stamps…

1 Like

I get benefits, out of work benefits and disability benefits lol

1 Like

I am on benefits…that’s all :large_blue_circle:

$1260 a month here, plus another half of that for my kids. My husband makes too much money for us to qualify for any other benefits.

Because of my time in the Navy. I get a decent amount of benefits. I also get rental income from a house I own in the city.

3 Likes